pilot jet replacement

2 replies to this topic
  • gal

Posted May 20, 2002 - 02:15 AM

what is the easiest way to change it?
can i do it from the bottom of the carb. or do i need to remove the carb.?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mark_Cantrell

Posted May 20, 2002 - 03:54 AM

Gal, sorry I don't know if the '00 has the 14mm or the 17mm bolt under the bottom. If you have the 17mm bolt, you can get to the pilot w/o taking off the bowl. It is in the recess just in front of the main, still under the 17mm bolt. Either find/build a very short screwdriver or twist carb (have someone watch the throttle cables or watch while 'test twisting' the first time and adjust/loosen if necessary).

If you have a 14mm bolt, you have to pull the bowl off. You can do this by dropping the bowl. You can do this on or off the bike.

I always recommend taking the carb off and apart at least once. You'll always be reluctant to work on it until it's demystified.

Good luck,
mwc

• gal

Posted May 20, 2002 - 08:57 AM

thanks mwc, its 17mm so i guess ill do it on the w/e

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.