my 02 YZ426

4 replies to this topic
  • YZ426man

Posted May 19, 2002 - 07:46 AM

every time i get on it i foul a plug. or flud it trying to start it. i just did the bk mod and turned fuel screw in half a turn. i have not gotting to try it out yet but if it does not stop what else could i do to fix my problem thanks.

Posted May 20, 2002 - 11:32 AM

The yz426f generally comes from the factory on the lean side. Did you install a larger pilot jet and turn in the pilot screw or did you just turn in the screw to lean it out?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted May 20, 2002 - 11:34 AM

You are not twisting the throttle when you are trying to start are you? If you are than stop, that is why the bike is flooding.

• kfrosty

Posted May 20, 2002 - 11:41 AM

Definitely agree with the previous post that you need to make sure you aren't twisting the throttle. If not you need to take it back to your dealer and have them check it out. The 02's did a lot to correct the starting problem the previous models have so there isn't a need for the mods. (Well you can do them if you want the ability for more granular tuning.) I did some of them when I got my bike but quickly undid them because stock this thing is hard to beat.

• YZ426man

Posted May 20, 2002 - 03:08 PM

thanks for all you guys out there that posted stuff about the bk mod. i did the mod but with out any timer. i rode it and adjusted my screw out a little and i have not fouled a plug since and it starts first kick with no hot start needed. it runs awsome thank for every thing guys.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.