Seat Height/ Suspension Sag

4 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted April 20, 2004 - 09:48 AM

Hi guys, I have a question. I bought the WR because of its seat height then fell in love with everything else about it. Now, the only problem is, is that the seat height seems to be about 1.5 inches lower than when I bought it. How can I get it back to the real tall seat height without sending it out and spending a bunch of money? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, D :) :D :D

• xr600r

Posted April 20, 2004 - 10:50 AM

Sorry...cant help with the seat height, but your avatar cracks me up !!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted April 20, 2004 - 02:08 PM

check and reset the rear sag....the spring will settle a bit after you've ridden a few times.

• oldbones

Posted April 20, 2004 - 07:35 PM

Just this weekend I turned the spring collar in about two turns. Added some preload to the rear spring, really seemed to help plant the front end in the corners, and makes it more fun launching off of jumps too. :)

• The_Missile

Posted April 21, 2004 - 01:23 AM

- what they said above!!!
- But also...if you havent greased your suspension bearings recently they could be binding and not allowing the suspension to run through its course. Happened to mine. I guess it probably works on the trail, but in the garage you could notice it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.