#%#@ Jetting

4 replies to this topic
  • yamie_rider

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:07 PM

hey

I live way above sea level, do I go up or down with my jetting??

• XR6's_rule

Posted May 18, 2002 - 07:34 PM

Any engine that is run above sea level will run progressively richer the higher you get. Therefore, you'll have to lean off the jetting to compensate. If you have a yamaha WR and it has stock jetting & airbox lid on, you'll find it'll run rich stock at sea level. Try one size down on the main jet for a start & lean off your airscrew by quarter to half a turn. At very high altitutes you might have to alter your needle-clip position (drop one position) and maybe even go to a leaner pilot (slow) jet). Trial and error will be the order of the day. Good luck!! :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted May 19, 2002 - 02:04 AM

You can get information but, need to supply information. What mods have you done to the bike? Are you having problems now? What are they?

The jetting in my signature is a good place to start for a bike with the mods listed.

Bill

• yamie_rider

Posted May 19, 2002 - 09:12 PM

Originally posted by Bill:
You can get information but, need to supply information. What mods have you done to the bike? Are you having problems now? What are they?

The jetting in my signature is a good place to start for a bike with the mods listed.

Bill

I'm not running any mods yet.

The bike bogs when you gun it and backfires when you let off the throttle.

I rod the bike all through the winter an it ran and started great. But now its warmer out
(20 c) it runs like crap and is way harder to start.

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted May 19, 2002 - 02:22 PM

The come rich. That would work in the cold when they run lean. Warmer or higher when the run rich (on top of coming from the factory rich) it is too rich. Go less gas everywhere (smaller pilot, lower needle, smaller main).

Good luck,
mwc

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.