Hot Cams on a WR 426

4 replies to this topic
  • kevs_wr426

Posted April 20, 2004 - 01:36 AM

This may be a question for mr hotcam himself, I was wandering if anyone knows the standard amount of extra shim required for clearences. I.e if my shims at the moment are spot on at 165 and if i know i will need 20 more i'll get the 185's as i'm still waiting for the cam to arive and can get everything ready and won't after bugger around with installing, check clearence ,remove, get shims, fit shims, re-install. you know the drill.
Any help would be great.
Kev

• kevs_wr426

Posted April 20, 2004 - 01:43 AM

should of mentioned earlier it's the auto deco cam :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kevs_wr426

Posted April 21, 2004 - 01:07 AM

any help anyone??please

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 21, 2004 - 04:12 AM

there is no "standard" gap as a baseline.

You will just have to measure...and go from there.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 21, 2004 - 04:57 AM

Hot cams suggested adding .25mm. I had 160's in , replaced with 185's and was perfect the first time. I did buy shims from 180 to 190 just in case :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.