a few riding accessory tips and tricks

7 replies to this topic
  • freestyle111

Posted May 17, 2002 - 07:56 PM

i went on dualsport ride last weekend.i received so many positive comments from riders when they saw my homemade bike accessories.so ive decided to share my little gizmos with all of my friends on TT.i would of shared sooner but really didnt think they were a big deal. Posted Image
Posted Image

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• freestyle111

Posted May 17, 2002 - 08:01 PM

Posted Image

[ May 21, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• freestyle111

Posted May 17, 2002 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

• Uncle_Rich

Posted May 18, 2002 - 02:39 AM

Hey every neet thing we buy
someone like you made the first one
keep up the good work
thanks for the pics

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted May 18, 2002 - 02:51 AM

How are you tapping that over the fuel screw without flattening the sharp end (what are you holding it with)?

• freestyle111

Posted May 18, 2002 - 04:32 AM

i was able to just hold piltoscrew and brass tube in my hand and tapped tube against top of workbench.[you dont need to hit tip of pilotscrew at all,you should only be tapping brass tube against surface] brasstube is soft and thin enough that it streches over screw with very little force.you could also thread pilot screw into carb 1 or 2 turns then tap the tube over it.[bottom part of photo]i used a old pilot screw with broken tip it was just to show how tube goes on.

[ May 18, 2002: Message edited by: freestyle111 ]

• SkinSF

Posted May 18, 2002 - 05:28 AM

Thanks for the great ideas. Please continue to post the great pix.

• freestyle111

Posted May 19, 2002 - 08:38 AM

i also coat the tools that i keep in my riding bags with rubber dip[most hardware stores $5].rubber dip helps prevent rust,improves grip,stops tools from rattling in bag and makes them easy to identify when they end up in wrong toolbox AT END of day Posted Image

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.