I did it my cam is on its way.

7 replies to this topic
  • YZFan

Posted April 19, 2004 - 02:33 PM

I ordered my 450 cam today. It will be here next week $98.00 plus tax I think that was a good deal. I thought the shims came in a shim kit but I guess you have to see what you have then order the shim that kind of sucks. Well any way its on the way and Im installing a new timing chain while Im there. I hope this is a great as everyone say's it is???? Oh by the way I have a 99 YZ400F

• Satch0922

Posted April 19, 2004 - 03:05 PM

It is as great as we all say it is...trust me. Your about to get a new bike!

• mxcowboy

Posted April 19, 2004 - 03:35 PM

I totally agree with Satch0922.
I was like you,then I decided to go ahead and jump on the band wagon.
Now every time I start my bike with no starting drill I get back off and kick my self for not doing it earlier and by the time I'm done the bike is warmed up and ready to ROCK. :D :D :)

• TexasDirtNap

Posted April 19, 2004 - 04:10 PM

The Cam rocks the 426. It will light er up like a 450. Selling mine now and brought it down to the dealership to put it up for consignment sale. The shop mechanic and sales guy started it up to check it out. Both were amazed and to my amazement neither one had even seen a 450 cam in the 426. Even though they were amazed the mechanic said 'we got a bulletin from Yamaha saying NO to the YZ450 cam in a YZ426'. I told him that hundreds of us had done it with zero problems. Personally, I think it was a negotiating tactic. Screw em.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 19, 2004 - 05:54 PM

You won't regret it, trust me! Best 100 bucks I've spent on my bike :)

• lacofdfireman

Posted April 19, 2004 - 06:46 PM

YZ Fan. I also ordered my cam today. It should arrive by Tuesday next week. Let me know how yours goes and I will do the same. lacofdfireman@yahoo.com

• Fly-nBri

Posted April 20, 2004 - 08:12 AM

It would be great if the PDF file on this was working. :)

• Satch0922

Posted April 20, 2004 - 12:11 PM

450 Cam Mod PDF

450 Cam Mod PDF

You will have to decomp the file in the first link...WinZip should work. If that doesn't work for you PM me your e-mail address and I will send the file.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  35 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.