kick stand?

I am seting up my bike for street use and I want to buy a kick stand. I don't like the kind where you have too drill holes in your swingarm. I have seen the baja designs one and it is kind of cool but $150 seems a little high and I don't want something permanent. I still want to be able to ride on the track from time to time. Any sugestions?

Originally posted by Dansgarage:

I am seting up my bike for street use and I want to buy a kick stand. I don't like the kind where you have too drill holes in your swingarm. I have seen the baja designs one and it is kind of cool but $150 seems a little high and I don't want something permanent. I still want to be able to ride on the track from time to time. Any sugestions?

Check out

Promotobillet

If you buy one, please mention that you heard about them on TT. They are supporting the continued growth and development of our site via paid advertising.

Cheers!

Bryan

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

Check out

Promotobillet

If you buy one, please mention that you heard about them on TT. They are supporting the continued growth and development of our site via paid advertising.

Cheers!

Bryan

They don't seem to have one for the YZ yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

I recieved this message on 4/15 from them:

The YZ stands should be ready in about 3-4 weeks. I will put you on the list and notify you when they are done.

Thanks,

Lynn

Pro Moto Billet

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: YZ400Court ]

I just picked one up from 2 dads racing. It's really nice. Uses a machined bracket to mount the stock wr kick stand and bracket to the lower subframe mount and chain roller. cost me $150 but it seems stout(haven't gone riding to test it yet). Phone # 818.993.3237

I recently bought the $150 monster from Baja designs. It is a very well built stand. And unlike what there web site says, it is a bolt on stand. It uses wr parts. It bolts to the chain roller mount and has a machined aluminum part that bolts to the subframe mount.

When I ordered the stand There catalouge said that it was $120. THey told me that the price on the yamaha parts went up. He said that they are hardly making any money on the stand at $150. He said that they will be designing there own stand latter this year.

The one I bought is very sturdy. Probably way better than the swingarm types.

For $50.00 You can buy a clamp on stand from a company in SLC UT. Its called Utah Cycle.I bought one about 6 months ago and have no problems. What I dont understand is why you would want to ruin your mx bike and add all that weight. Buy a freakin scooter!