kick stand?

11 replies to this topic
  • Dansgarage

Posted May 17, 2002 - 05:43 AM

I am seting up my bike for street use and I want to buy a kick stand. I don't like the kind where you have too drill holes in your swingarm. I have seen the baja designs one and it is kind of cool but $150 seems a little high and I don't want something permanent. I still want to be able to ride on the track from time to time. Any sugestions?

• yznvegas

Posted May 17, 2002 - 05:47 AM

Your right about not getting the kind that you have to drill into your swing arm. I have one on my RMX 250 and the bolts are starting to strip out and it rattles a lot and makes a lot of unwanted noise.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted May 17, 2002 - 06:12 AM

Originally posted by Dansgarage:
I am seting up my bike for street use and I want to buy a kick stand. I don't like the kind where you have too drill holes in your swingarm. I have seen the baja designs one and it is kind of cool but $150 seems a little high and I don't want something permanent. I still want to be able to ride on the track from time to time. Any sugestions?

Check out

Promotobillet

If you buy one, please mention that you heard about them on TT. They are supporting the continued growth and development of our site via paid advertising.

Cheers!

Bryan

• YZ400Court

Posted May 17, 2002 - 06:18 AM

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

Check out

Promotobillet

If you buy one, please mention that you heard about them on TT. They are supporting the continued growth and development of our site via paid advertising.

Cheers!

Bryan

They don't seem to have one for the YZ yet. Hopefully in the next few weeks.

I recieved this message on 4/15 from them:

The YZ stands should be ready in about 3-4 weeks. I will put you on the list and notify you when they are done.
Thanks,
Lynn
Pro Moto Billet

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: YZ400Court ]

• skoobeesnak

Posted May 17, 2002 - 06:26 AM

Rocky Mountain MC has one for $59.00. I have had one of these on my YZ400 for about 2 years and love it. Plus it comes off easy when you want to do some track riding. www.rockymountainmc.com then search for kickstand.

Mike

Nothing clever to say here.....

• skoobeesnak

Posted May 17, 2002 - 06:30 AM

Bye the way, I forgot to mention that the kickstand is the clamp on type that mounts on the swingarm, not the kind you have to drill holes in your swingarm. You just have to check the bolts every few rides to make sure they are nice and tight. They have a tendency to work their way loose once in a while.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • E.R.G.

Posted May 17, 2002 - 09:55 PM

I just picked one up from 2 dads racing. It's really nice. Uses a machined bracket to mount the stock wr kick stand and bracket to the lower subframe mount and chain roller. cost me $150 but it seems stout(haven't gone riding to test it yet). Phone # 818.993.3237

• groundhog

Posted May 17, 2002 - 10:10 PM

2 dads racing. Bolts on, very stout & swings well out of the way. Well worth the $.

• Mark_UK

Posted May 17, 2002 - 11:21 PM

a wrF stand bolts straight on

• Victor_Delgadillo

Posted May 18, 2002 - 06:49 AM

Kickstand from rockymountainmc.com...... Out of Stock..!!! :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted May 19, 2002 - 03:16 AM

I recently bought the $150 monster from Baja designs. It is a very well built stand. And unlike what there web site says, it is a bolt on stand. It uses wr parts. It bolts to the chain roller mount and has a machined aluminum part that bolts to the subframe mount.

When I ordered the stand There catalouge said that it was $120. THey told me that the price on the yamaha parts went up. He said that they are hardly making any money on the stand at $150. He said that they will be designing there own stand latter this year.

The one I bought is very sturdy. Probably way better than the swingarm types.

• slave

Posted May 21, 2002 - 05:28 AM

For $50.00 You can buy a clamp on stand from a company in SLC UT. Its called Utah Cycle.I bought one about 6 months ago and have no problems. What I dont understand is why you would want to ruin your mx bike and add all that weight. Buy a freakin scooter!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.