Trying to save some time "tweaking"

I have a 2002 426 that I have just purchased a used Dr. D pipe for. Being the power nut that I am and reading what I have in these posts, I thought this might be a good time to start messing with the carb and jetting to squeeze a little more out of the old girl. Here are the questions that I have:

1. Is the "BK Mod" necessary and helpful for the 2002 model? I have heard mixed opinions.

2. Should I build one of those fuel valve gizmos?

3. I live in Dallas. Anyone that has had success with a similar arrangement that can contribute carb settings would be cool in my book.

Thanks.

I agree with Mark, don't to the BK if you don't need it. Its an easy mod if you have a drill and a tap, but why mess with it if you don't need to? If the "fuel valve gizmo" is a handle of some sort for the fuel screw, I would recommend that mod. It makes adjusting the fuel screw a lot easier, you don't have to fight to find the screw up in its hole. A lot of people have made one similar to the one on motoman393's site,http://motoman393.forreal.net/. I made one as well, but messed up my fuel screw in the process, so I am buying a Kouba extended fuel screw with the T-hande for $20 bucks. Kouba Click on this link to check the Kouba out, but if you want one you will have to order two ($25 minimum order). You can also get just a T-handle from Kouba for 16 bucks. Good luck!