YZ450 clutch

1 reply to this topic
  • DoJetpilot

Posted April 18, 2004 - 03:01 PM

I hate the *&^% clutch on my 03 YZ450. I never seem to get a good shift from 1st to second or back. Seems it always wants to go to neutral. I want to change it but am not sure which one to put in. I have heard the Hinson basket and plates are the best. Anyone have one in there YZ450. Also, I have never changed one. Are they pretty straight forward or should I pay the shop price up at Grand Prix???
I do 99% of my riding on trails. Almost no track riding.
Thanks for any help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted April 18, 2004 - 03:19 PM

You should be able to fix it with a Hinson inner hub for about 180 bucks, the stock one has very few oiling holes that is why it seems like it is grinding because the plates are dry. My 02 426 had at least 32 oil holes my 03 450 had like 8 if I remember correctly, I have not taken the 04 apart yet but I have a Hinson clutch for that one on the bench. :)

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.