Frame for sale?

7 replies to this topic
  • YamahaRacer

Posted May 16, 2002 - 12:24 AM

Hey all,

I haven't been riding for quite some time now because of my broken frame. It is cracked right along the "Y" juction where oil flows, and I have taken it to 3 welders, and none of them will touch it. So, now that the weather is nice, I'd like to get back to riding. My only option is to buy a new frame, and the dealer wants mega $$$ for one, does anyone know of anybody selling a frame?

• Bill

Posted May 16, 2002 - 12:51 AM

Just a thought here....why couldn't you buy the dry sump conversion from Dr D and then you could tell the welder, he can take it apart and rebuild/re-enforce the area.

Try to find someone in your area that works on sprint car frame or race cars.

• guidster

Posted May 16, 2002 - 06:05 AM

Enclosed is a item that I bid on on Ebay. It is a complete frame. It went for $242. Perhaps you can wheel and deal with the winner that is listed. I have seen a few frames on Ebay, so you may want to monitor it. If you can get a frame for close to the same cost as a dry sump kit, I would opt for the frame!

• shiftx

Posted May 16, 2002 - 05:36 PM

Check your pm's

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaha426flyer

Posted May 16, 2002 - 06:59 PM

Yamaharacer, I have a 2001 yz426f frame, If you are interested let me know and we will discuss the price. Later

• wrong

Posted May 17, 2002 - 02:18 PM

you might want to give BBR a call, they always have frames from project bikes!!!

• YamahaRacer

Posted May 17, 2002 - 04:22 PM

Thanks everyone, ShiftX and Yamhaha426flyer, check your PM's...

[ May 17, 2002: Message edited by: YamahaRacer ]

• Yamaha426flyer

Posted May 18, 2002 - 07:43 PM

Yamaharacer,I do have a title to the frame.A friend of mine is a pro quad racer and bought the bike for the motor.He took the motor and ignition off and i bought the bike for parts since i have a 2001 yz426f. Send me a pm with your phone number and i will call you and we can discuss it. Later.

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.