timing marks

3 replies to this topic
  • stevedon

Posted April 18, 2004 - 10:02 AM

im fitting a auto decomp cam and have encountered the following problem.
the two dots on the intake cam do not allign with the face of the cover as described in the manual , should they be flush as the left hand one seems to be above the casting face when the right one is flush?
any pics of one apart would be appreciated as like a fool i didnt take a pick before i removed the ond exhaust cam

• tcmII

Posted April 18, 2004 - 03:42 PM

What cam are you installing? I have some powerpoint pictures I downloaded so I would have them when I got around to changing my cam.

I'll have to check but I think the pics are for the YZ cam install and I would think that the timing marks would be different between the YZ and the WR, but they still may help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hamish

Posted April 18, 2004 - 06:02 PM

there is only 1 dot per camshaft that you allign. Forget that the other dot even exists. On the Inlet cam, it's the dot closest to the carb. On the exhaust cam, it's the dot closest to the radiators

Hamish

• stevedon

Posted April 18, 2004 - 07:51 PM

thanks that makes sense

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.