Another Friday the 13th Ride

58 replies to this topic
  • BULLDOG

Posted May 26, 2001 - 07:00 AM

Hey Ron, My breather hose and carb hoses are still stock. Will I need to do any mods for the water crossing? Or can I get by in its current state? (hell, I'll strap the bike to my back if I have to :))

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted May 26, 2001 - 12:00 PM

Bulldog, you should be okay. My hoses are also stock and I haven't stalled it yet (although it does sometimes sputter and make you think your going to get wet). Good move on the guts seat. I (or my butt) love mine. It really flattens the seat out and makes it way softer.

Eric, I will give you a e-mail reminder about a week before the ride.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Too bad July is so far away. I wanted to give people time to schedule a day off work so I starting thinking about this sooner than usual. Can't wait!

If anyone else wants to go - just show up (but don't be late). :)

[This message has been edited by Ron in SoCal (edited 05-26-2001).]

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 26, 2001 - 06:10 PM

Now that guy is a BULL DOG!!!!! I have had to bulldog a TT500 down a mountian, but never on my back.
But this Blue Boner thing has my sympathy, that has to hurt. I have had some riding buddys with some strange nicknames, like "HOG JAW" and "Dog Boy", but BLUE BONER?
What ever you chose for you user name, I hope you have a good ride next Friday the 13th, wish I was with you.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 08, 2001 - 06:14 AM

Well guys, this Friday is the 13th. I predict your going to catch the "blue flu" Thursday night and have to call in sick Friday morning from your cell phone while sitting on your motorcycle in the mountains.

Sound good? :)

• sirhk

Posted July 09, 2001 - 05:19 AM

What's your status on the tank? I'm assuming you'll be posting details some time this week. I should be good to go. Had a minor knee injury this weekend but it should be good to go by Friday.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• Swedisheagle

Posted July 09, 2001 - 07:46 AM

Add three more to your list of attendees Ron. We will be there. 7AM?

By the way, were you able to dry out your camera & resurect it?

• sirhk

Posted July 09, 2001 - 07:58 AM

Hey Ron, do you have an official list of planned attendees this Friday? I remember you mentioned that someone else from SD was interested. Do you know if they still are or have their contact info? If anyone reading this is from San Diego and wants to car pool up I'm interested. I have room for 2 more bikes but it would probably be a slow drive since my Explorer doesn't have the beastiest motor to tow my trailer with. Or I could meet somewhere and toss my bike in your vehicle. Let me know!! I live in Ramona and would be willing to meet anywhere Poway or north on I15.

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

[This message has been edited by sirhk (edited 07-09-2001).]

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 10, 2001 - 07:57 AM

No official list of riders. Judging by the number of e-mails I have been receiving lately it's going to be a substantial turnout. Yahoo!

The helmetcam lives. I just let that sucker dry out for a few days and it's good as new.

• sirhk

Posted July 10, 2001 - 08:09 AM

Easy fix. 7:00 AM good god! That means I have to leave my house before 5AM!! What ever, it'll be worth it. That guy from San Diego won't be able to make it cause of a broken arm, broken bike, and work schedule. Sounds like a SERIOUS BUMMER!!

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• hodaphile

Posted July 10, 2001 - 08:14 AM

Well I am going to give it a shot, me and the bike are ready, only question will be if I can get back in the house afterwards or whether my stuff will have been moved out to the garage!

Rich

------------------
aka Rich
1996 300 EXC
(dual sported)
1987 Suzuki LT250R
(Glamis chrome beast)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MojaveMutt

Posted July 10, 2001 - 12:09 PM

Guys,
I rode from my house (Apple Valley)this past Saturday up to the Pinnacles staging area, down to deep creek, up through crab Flats, down Rincon trail to Big Pine Flats. As usual this time of year, all the trails and roads from the Pinnacles to Big Pine Flat were very silty and dusty. We did get lucky as when we arrived in Big Bear City a major thunder storm and flash flooding hit so the next 80 miles, out of Big Bear, down Rattlesnake Canyon to Lucerne and back to Apple Valley, we were blessed with best riding conditions i've seen in these areas in many years. There was so much water in some places it was down right scary!Total miles ridden = 140.
Anyway, conditions on the 13TH will be back to normal, Deep Creek is only about 1.5 feet deep. Have fun!
By the way if any of you guys want to go riding on different parts of these mountains let me know,we can ride from my house.

Glenn

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 10, 2001 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the update Glenn. I was hoping the thunderstorms would hang around another week. No such luck. :)

Sounds like you had a good time. I will be taking you up on that offer!

• hodaphile

Posted July 12, 2001 - 06:18 AM

Launch control the board is green and good to go!

See you all tomorrow morning at McD's.

------------------
aka Rich
1996 300 EXC
(dual sported)
1987 Suzuki LT250R
(Glamis chrome beast)

• sirhk

Posted July 12, 2001 - 07:30 AM

I'm there as long as my alarm clock that I set this morning goes off at 4:30 AM. I'll see you there!!

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted July 12, 2001 - 08:22 AM

Anyone know a good chant or dance or something that will bring back the thunderstorms? We need some rain up there tonight and tomorrow.

Here is the forecast:

SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY MOUNTAINS-
TODAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. LOCAL SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 80S.
TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOCALLY BREEZY. LOWS IN THE MID 40S TO MID 50S.

FRIDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY...EXCEPT FOR SOME AFTERNOON CLOUDS.
LOCALLY BREEZY BY LATE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE 80S TO LOWER 90S.

Lower 90s? :)

• sirhk

Posted July 12, 2001 - 08:24 AM

We could always root for a breeze to at least clear dust!!!

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• hodaphile

Posted July 12, 2001 - 01:18 PM

Well with these temps, the sweat off the lead riders should wet the trail down a bit.

How about a sprinkler duct taped to the front of your bike and a realllllllllllly long hose?????

------------------
aka Rich
1996 300 EXC
(dual sported)
1987 Suzuki LT250R
(Glamis chrome beast)

• sirhk

Posted July 12, 2001 - 01:27 PM

I know that I'm going to hitting the water crossings hard to drench myself. It worked good a couple weeks ago when we were up there. Unfortunately I still dried up too fast. I am kinda lucky that I ride with shorts. Yeah Yeah I'm stupid but you'll see tomorrow that my riding gear is awesome and you'll be jealous!! :)

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"

• Swedisheagle

Posted July 12, 2001 - 01:55 PM

Have the lead riders set there camels backs to leak slowly.

See ya guys tomorrow!

• gtms34

Posted July 12, 2001 - 02:34 PM

How much would you pay if I hauled a 5 gallon water jug with a calibrated leak?
See you @ the arches,

Kevin

00 XR650R

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.