WR exhaust

4 replies to this topic
  • yamW400R

Posted April 17, 2004 - 07:37 PM

ive been running my wr400 with the uncorked exhaust and was wondering what kind of DB numbers it hits. I hear alot about these inserts that people have been running on this board to be legal. What kind of fine do you get for to loud of an exhuast. I ride two tracks and power lines mostly but im going down to an ORV trail and wondering about the chances of getting a ticket by the DNR?

• Cmott426

Posted April 17, 2004 - 07:49 PM

http://ohv.parks.ca....p?page_id=23038

Click on Yamaha and it will tell you the DB of your bike with stock, FMF and other exhaust. This is from California noise testing data

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted April 18, 2004 - 01:37 AM

Stock exhust with no insert runs around 107 DB.

• ddialogue

Posted April 18, 2004 - 04:16 AM

I don't see the WR450 on the list?

• TallBoysWRF

Posted April 18, 2004 - 11:59 AM

Get the insert from pro moto billet. It looks trick and keeps the db's down without loosing any power. I've run my bike without an insert and with this one and I can't tell any power difference.

Don't look at it as how much you can get fined if a conservation officer catches you, but look at it as the fewer people that hear you on powerlines and dirt roads, the fewer people that will complain and call the DNR or cops. Especially when most powerlines here in MI are illegal to ride, you don't want people hearing you riding from a mile off. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.