Need advice please. New WR 04 ????

4 replies to this topic
  • A_2_N

Posted April 17, 2004 - 01:42 PM

I am putting together my new :D WR tomorrow... :D
I am going to remove the airbox snorkel & exhaust baffle before i fire it up.
Is there a stock carb setting that should accompany these mods. I live at sea level.
I thought turning the air in a little & dropping a groove on the needle maybe a start :) fuel screw ??????
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I will be aquiring a JD Kit down the road but i cannot afford it right now :D

Also, is there anything else i should keep in mind when assembling my bike ???

• endurodog

Posted April 17, 2004 - 04:55 PM

Its a good idea to grease the rear suspension bears and the head set. They seem to be a little cheap with the grease over in Japan.

As far as jetting, what year bike is it?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • A_2_N

Posted April 18, 2004 - 01:24 AM

2004 WR 450 F :D :)

• motoloco

Posted April 23, 2004 - 04:47 AM

I live at sea level too and the stock jetting seemed to work great on my bike, If you are not planning on any exhaust mods anytime soon or big changes I would keep it stock. I did put in the JD kit and I am having mixed feelings/results from it, I am not sure if I need to adjust my pilot jet or what, but it is not running like it did stock for me. Of course, I need a course in jetting too because I am not all that learned in the art. do you have a canadian bike too?

• A_2_N

Posted April 24, 2004 - 01:22 PM

Yes, i have a :) WR.
I only have 50 km. on it so far. I got it on a couple of days ago. I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I uncoked the exhaust after 10 km & it certainly made a difference.
I was worried about the power after just getting off a KX 500 for the past 4 years, but i'm not worried anymore :D
The WR has usable power right through the rev range & is wicked for wheelies :D
Man, i've been riding forever & the WR is the best bike i've ever ridden in terms of usability.
I can't say enough.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.