Post deleted by Steve_Claus

12 replies to this topic
  • freestyle111

Posted May 15, 2002 - 01:48 PM

you can make holeshot device for under $10

• motousa

Posted May 15, 2002 - 03:22 PM

Spend the $110 towards a new rear tire.....go practice your starts every day you ride, and every moto you complete..... :)

• 426guy

Posted May 15, 2002 - 07:23 PM

if the tracks you race on has a concrete start...
then don't waste your money...
you do not you the 'holeshot device" on concrete..only on a dirt start, where you are leaving the line full throttle...

• yzf322

Posted May 16, 2002 - 01:37 AM

Hey guys an easy way to make this device is to use the plastic part thats already on the bike . It is the piece that holds the fork guard in place , most people just take em off and discard the but if you look real close you can make the same identical part . Just cut your fork guard where you want it to hook and then you take a knife or something and cut a v-notch shape into the plastic that sticks out (this is the right side fork), wrks for me and it works perfect let me know how it turns out.........

• MXOldtimer

Posted May 16, 2002 - 04:43 AM

Originally posted by yzf322:
Just cut your fork guard where you want it to hook and then you take a knife or something and cut a v-notch shape into the plastic that sticks out (this is the right side fork), wrks for me and it works perfect let me know how it turns out.........

uuuuuuhhhhh Isn't that plastic piece you cut the V in a glide for the fork guard? When going through whoops or coming off a jump plastic pieces on the bike are bouncing and flapping all over the place, isn't there a one in a million chance that that glide might enter the hole you cut in the guard ? ? ?

• guidster

Posted May 16, 2002 - 05:56 AM

I assume you are referring to one of those fork compression devices that I have seen?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted May 16, 2002 - 06:06 AM

Originally posted by MXOldtimer:

uuuuuuhhhhh Isn't that plastic piece you cut the V in a glide for the fork guard? When going through whoops or coming off a jump plastic pieces on the bike are bouncing and flapping all over the place, isn't there a one in a million chance that that glide might enter the hole you cut in the guard ? ? ?

I asked a mechanic at the Vegas supercross exactly that question. He said he'd never actually seen it happen, but had considered it, and anyway had heard of a case where this did happen and it just ripped the fork guard off.

In other words he was not concerned about that possibility.

I got a good, long, close look at several of these (very simple) devices. Mitch Payton must be very well off by now, why does he need to gouge people $100 plus for a part that can't cost more than ten bucks to manufacture?

• yzernie

Posted May 16, 2002 - 08:19 AM

Originally posted by Hick:
Mitch Payton must be very well off by now, why does he need to gouge people $100 plus for a part that can't cost more than ten bucks to manufacture?

Because he can and get away with it. There are dumbasses out there who would pay twice that for the thing. How do you think he built the empire he has now.....

Ernie

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 16, 2002 - 10:39 AM

Man take the 10 bucks go build one send the 100 to Salad-Thumper :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 17, 2002 - 03:44 AM

RatRacer

What you saying we are a pack of hillbillies, using ductap and barb wire to build toooo coool stuff for the bikes ??? :)

I never use duc tape or barb wire

I use Tie Wraps and Teflon Tap, the teflon dont make that gooie stickie residue :D

• BK14MX

Posted May 17, 2002 - 04:48 AM

I think MOTOUSA had the best idea!!!!! If your riding a 426, how much more help do you need off the start???

• Ga426owner

Posted May 17, 2002 - 05:55 AM

Brian, I agree also....everytime a new gimmick comes out everyone has to have a wet dream for it.
Just practice your starts, get your weight forward
or go spend the $110.00 bucks......

• moto_madman

Posted May 17, 2002 - 09:47 PM

i dont think that for 110 bucks you get a plastic piece of junk. It's probably magnesium like the one on mcgrath's bike. It might even be alluminum.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.