dr. d pipe 426 does it really work?

9 replies to this topic
  • freestyler727

Posted May 14, 2002 - 04:25 PM

i had abig gun not that impreessed over stock . just dont want to waste my moeny thanks larry

• yznvegas

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:31 PM

Good question Freestyler. My bike with the stock pipe was rockin' my world for a while but a little kick wouldn't hurt. I heard an aftermarket pipe will make the bike run cooler too. I went on the Dubach website and they are claiming about 3 h.p. gain with the Dr D pipe. I would say that would be noticebable power. Do they sell the head pipe too or just the muffler?

My dealer said don't change the stock muffler as Yamaha makes a good one. The power will be gained with a head pipe. What are your thoughts?

• yznvegas

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:31 PM

Good question Freestyler. My bike with the stock pipe was rockin' my world for a while but a little kick wouldn't hurt. I heard an aftermarket pipe will make the bike run cooler too. I went on the Dubach website and they are claiming about 3 h.p. gain with the Dr D pipe. I would say that would be noticebable power. Do they sell the head pipe too or just the muffler?

My dealer said don't change the stock muffler as Yamaha makes a good one. The power will be gained with a head pipe. What are your thoughts?

• tony_t.

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:35 PM

I think the pipe they are talking about on the DR.D website is for the 250F not the 426.

• meangreen75

Posted May 15, 2002 - 12:08 AM

Hey guys I bought a Dr. D pipe about two months ago and have done two races with it. I have noticed it's a lot more snappier and runs crisper. I can't really say it's improved the top end because the last race was a slow track but low end is considerably more responsive.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted May 15, 2002 - 02:25 AM

if anything you will get increases in replacing the muffler, not keeping it

• Ga426owner

Posted May 15, 2002 - 03:07 AM

I like my DRD on my 426.

• flybyu

Posted May 15, 2002 - 08:25 AM

i ordered the dr.d for my '01 after talking to a lot of people and reading a lot of posts. it was hands-down the most highly recommended aftermarket pipe. Thunder Alley was also highly regarded, i was just a little more comfortable going with a bigger company.

i got a pretty good price from gopartsdirect.com.

• Fastest1

Posted May 17, 2002 - 04:08 PM

I have to agree with Meangreen! Did you need more at the top? Mine now explodes off the bottom with a strong mid. No noticeable change in the top but by then I usually have my balance back LOL.

• freestyler727

Posted May 17, 2002 - 05:22 PM

thanks for all the input im loking for more bottomend . is the thunder alley any good?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.