Kouba T-Handle Fuel Screw

2 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted May 14, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Guys, you seriously need to check these out! Kouba Link makes T-handle extensions for existing fuel screws for $16, or you can get and extended fuel screw (fuel screw and T-handle, all one piece) for $20 (that includes shipping)!!! Personally, I think this is a great deal! Norm Kouba (the owner) is great to work with. If you read the post "Kouba T-Handle" on the CRF forum you can get more info. If you lose the puppy he'll replace it for free! Less spring, washer, and O-ring of course. My local dealer wanted almost $30 for the screw itself. This(the Kouba part) is a great value. He also mentioned an O-ring on the screw that will keep it from falling out if it is turned out too far. If you order off the website, there is a $25 minumum order, so order two and sell one to your buddy or something. The link is included, at least go check it out! They also make some trick suspension linkages (but not for the YZ's). Anyways, go check out the site, you might see something you like.

Kouba Link

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: cowboyona426 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoman393

Posted May 14, 2002 - 04:49 PM

or you can make one for $3 LOL http://motoman393.fo.../fuelscrew.html Later,

Garrett

• cowboyona426

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:00 PM

Motoman- I made your handle, and don't get me wrong you've got a good idea. BUT- here's how I look at it.

Brake line- $3
Cut, drill, cut and drill again because the drill bit wasn't perfectly straight and went out the side- 1 hr.
Bend- 1 min.
Try to drive handle onto screw, smash threads on screw- 1/2 hour
Fight the threads to try to clean them up and straighen them out- 2-3 hours
New fuel screw cuz I can't fix mine without an expensive die- $30

OR

Kouba Extended Fuel Screw- $20
Put bowl back on carb- 2-3 min.
Install screw and adjust- 1-2 min.

Maybe I'm an idiot with a lot of money to blow (I wish I had money to blow), but I'd rather go with the Kouba. Less headache and less $
I love working on my bike and doing mods like this one and the BK, but this was one that backfired for me. I tried to do your mod and go the inexpensive route, but I messed up. I wasted a whole day trying to fix that $@!^&*^%$ screw to no avail. Didn't even get to wash my bike like I wanted to :) . Maybe I had too much on my mind and didn't pay enough attention to what I was doing, I don't know. But from where I stand right now, getting the Kouba is cheaper than a new screw from Yamaha, so why not?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.