I know I should know but?

4 replies to this topic
  • John407

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:16 PM

I can't find it in the manual. Is the race sag on a '03 450 exactly 100mm or is it a little less like 95mm or even 90mm? All I can find in the manual is what the spring length is when the shock is removed.
And since you are helping me out. How high can I slide the forks up in the tripple clamps? Thanks Guys.

• thelimey1

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:41 PM

between 90 and 100, i set mine at 95.
my tubes are up 6mm, i think i heard of someone going as high as 10

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John407

Posted April 17, 2004 - 05:22 AM

Thanks. My tubes are up 5mm now and somehow I had the rear sag down to 70mm. I must of lost weight! Thanks again.

• Satch0922

Posted April 17, 2004 - 06:37 AM

wow..at 70mm that thing must have been harsh

• John407

Posted April 17, 2004 - 09:06 PM

Harsh is a good way to describe it. It actually made my forks seem harsher than the shock (I guess forks were blowing right through the initial travel or riding too low in the travel to make use of the softer initial travel) I rode today witht 95 mm of race sag. The bike is fun to ride again!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.