washing your bikes

21 replies to this topic
  • rallendude

Posted May 16, 2002 - 11:26 AM

I mix about 3 parts water/1 part Simple Green. I've tried several other brands of cleaners. The simple green is great. Won't oxidize aluminum and won't hurt rubber. I don't have an airbox cover so I just WD-40 the chain, wet the bike with a garden hose, simple green everything, rub the greasy spots with my finger and hose it all off. Take care to not let the simple green dry on the bike or it will spot. The simple green causes the water to sheet off. The golf tee in the weep hole is a good idea. Water in the spark plug cavity will cause the outside of the plug to rust. The 3:1 cleaner is just because it is plenty strong to clean a bike and a bottle of simple green lasts longer that way. I never use a pressure washer. I hope to get an air box cover and simple green the inside of the air box and hose out soon. Don't worry too much about the water in the box. Just make sure you dry it out when your done and clean/dry the filter before riding. After I'm done I will usually Armorall all of the plastic to help keep mud from sticking. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • war426

Posted May 18, 2002 - 03:22 PM

simply green rocks

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.