tank for sale

4 replies to this topic
  • rallendude

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:07 AM

Hey guys, I'm a traitor. I had two '98 YZ400's and now have an '02 CRF. Anyhoo, I have an IMS 3.0 gallon tank for sale that I kept off my last YZ. The tank has only been used a few times. It has no battle scars and is in excellent condition. I know the tank was expensive but I need rid of it. Somebody make an offer and we can discuss shipping later. FYI, I am in Birmingham, AL.

• john.hilton@cape.k12.de.u

Posted May 14, 2002 - 07:36 AM

What color is the tank, and will it fit an 01' 426?

Does it come with its own petcock etc. ??

Thanks,
John

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rallendude

Posted May 15, 2002 - 06:38 AM

The tank is clear. I'm not sure about fitting an '01 426 but the tanks have changed very little. I do know the tank on the '01 was of smaller capacity than that of the '98. It comes with a cap, no petcock, no mounting bracket. The parts from your stocker will have to be transplanted. It's really no big deal. You will, however, need a longer hose since the petcock goes on the right side down low. Send me your email in a PM and I'll email you a pic of it on my '98.

[ May 15, 2002: Message edited by: rallendude ]

• Bambislayer

Posted May 15, 2002 - 08:10 AM

hilton- I have a blue made for 01 IMS for sale with new petcock and fuel hose. It is 3.2 gallon I think. I live in Atlanta...make offer.

• rallendude

Posted May 19, 2002 - 04:41 PM

Just wanted to get my 'for sale' sign back on the daily list.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.