Moose Race Pack

3 replies to this topic
  • 450roost

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:01 AM

Just started racing hare scrambles. Want to learn what the best tools would be to carry that can make a difrence in finishing or not finishing the race. Im considering the moose race pack listed as one of the hot items in this months dirt bike magazine. Thanks

• TallBoysWRF

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:50 AM

I have the rally pack and love it :). I personally recommend it. It has a larger capacity than the enduro pack and when you are out in the woods you can never have enough tools! I can feel the weight when I first put it on, but after about 1min. I don't even notice I'm wearing it. You can literally put about anything you can think of in it, although you don't have to fill it.
As for tools, I'm always looking for more tools to put in it. What I have in it right now (as best as I can remember since I don't have it available right now) is a leatherman tool, t-handle w/8mm,10mm,12mm, and 13mm sockets, zip ties (big and small), sm. spool of wire, open end wrenches (10, 12, 14, 17mm), spark plug, plug gapper, maps, pen,a rag, compas, lighter, quarters for pay phone or whatever. I'm sure I have a few things more but I can't think of what. :D I'm going to put something in to change a plug on my WR just as soon as I figure out a set up that does not consist of a 3/8 ratchet, 3in. extension, plug socket, and a extendable magnet. Hope this helps. I only have about 1/2 to 2/3 of the total capacity of the EXC pack filled with what I listed above and what ever else I'm forgetting.
The pack has sinch straps so even if it's not full, it stays compact. My advise is to go big when you are looking for packs for off roading. If you don't fill it you are good, but if you don't have the right/enough tools, your screwed :D.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted April 16, 2004 - 11:01 AM

Oh yea... I checked and I also have a pair of small visegrips.

• tcmII

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:43 PM

I found a factory plug tool for the WR on ebay. I think you can get them from the dealer for less than $20.00.

Anyway, with the tool and a 14mm open end and 10mm socket(both of which I think you are already carrying)you can change the plug.

I have found it to be much easier and faster than the 3/8 socket, extention & ratchet method, and am glad I bought it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.