Posted April 16, 2004 - 02:37 AM

not a chance.

• DPW

Posted April 16, 2004 - 03:48 AM

not a chance.

I would have to agree with gonzo.... :)

• Thumper38

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:31 AM

not a chance, but I am getting a new blue one!!!!! :)

• rynno716

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:27 AM

Ya I think im gonna get a new blue one in 05 as well!!!

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:39 AM

only unless my pancreast goes out and I start puking Green vile

I have never owned a kawasaki of all the bikes I have owned. I will never own a kawasaki I hate the color green :)

• Boostn

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:41 AM

its only a 4 valve :)

• Thumper38

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:49 AM

I can not wait to see the new yz 05 450f and here about the changes as well so of anyone has good true info let it fly! :) :D :D :usa: :D :D

• revolucien

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:01 AM

i love my yami... would never get the first year of any bike but, not opposed to taking one for a test ride if anyone gets one :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted April 16, 2004 - 07:05 AM

I don't think the bike can be a 5 valve, because yamaha has the patent.

• yorkshirepud

Posted April 16, 2004 - 08:46 AM

So is the 05' Yam going to be an alloy frame? Or si it just Suzuki and Kawasaki that are set to change?

I haven't heard any news on the 05' Yam's

• Wyatt

Posted April 16, 2004 - 10:29 AM

No one knows... I bet it will be steel, but I could be wrong.

• Heckler

Posted April 16, 2004 - 10:47 AM

I hope it stays steel. It gives a better ride and it's a lot easier to work on your bike with the small tubing.

• yz_for_me

Posted April 16, 2004 - 11:07 AM

I hope it stays steel. It gives a better ride and it's a lot easier to work on your bike with the small tubing.

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it. I supose like anything else you get used to it though.

They have already proved you can make a steel frame bike lighter than an aluminum frame bike. I don't really see a good reason to go to aluminum other than for aesthetics and marketing value.

• Hick

Posted April 16, 2004 - 11:01 PM

I'd rather try the RM. No concrete reason why.

Although I think any brand new model is a risky purchase.

• Hick

Posted April 16, 2004 - 11:04 PM

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it.

Removing the carb does take a little longer.

But jetting changes are 100% easier on a CRF than a YZF (except the air jets, which nobody fools w/ anyway).

• Fathom

Posted April 17, 2004 - 02:18 AM

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it. I supose like anything else you get used to it though.

They have already proved you can make a steel frame bike lighter than an aluminum frame bike. I don't really see a good reason to go to aluminum other than for aesthetics and marketing value.

Yeah but they hold their value better. And Honda's, even though the carb is a little tougher to get to, are much easier to work on because of the way they are put together. To tear down the subframe on 426 is a real compared to CRF. Changing the oil is easier on a CRF also even though there are two reserviors to change.

When it comes time, I'll be back on a Honda. But I just couldn't walk by ths 2002 YZ426. $2800, never wrecked, brand new tires, new chain, new sprocket, new handlebars, lots of Works accessories. It's heavy but it doesn't do anything funny. Very stable bike. But it ain't red!!!

• Satch0922

Posted April 17, 2004 - 02:59 AM

I am happy to see the new KX and RM 450's. It will only push Honda and Yamaha hard to make their bikes better. No substitute for competition. Would I buy one?? Not if Bubba is not on a green bike any longer !! LOL

NOW THERE IS A WHOLE NEW DISCUSSION!!! :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.