Question for Thumpsalad

6 replies to this topic
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:30 PM

Did Embee give you some advice on how to clean out your resi? Or did they just send you on your merry shiny way?

• thumpsalad

Posted May 13, 2002 - 04:54 PM

Hey Shawn...

Embee pretty much sent me on my way. They DID say there was to be some residue in the resevoir and I did get A LOT of it out...not enough as you all now know.

BE CAREFUL if you get the powder coat!

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted May 14, 2002 - 03:22 AM

Why was there blasting media in there to begin with? They should have blocked it off! Am I missing something?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:16 AM

would flushing it out with gasoline or kerosene work?

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 14, 2002 - 07:00 AM

Id almost be afraid to put oil back in there ever if it got sand in it at all. Im kinda picky about dirt in the motor, I like to get every thing hospital clean before I even start to assemble, and not being able to see in there would make me loose sleep at night. Me thinks if I go powder coating the chassis, it will also time to wet sump the motor.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 14, 2002 - 07:05 AM

seeing these posts

Thumped got burned big time. Seams to me this place did not take into concideration the oil resiviour at all. If they were pro's they would have noted this and pluged appropriatly....

As for the rest that are concidering, Go to the nearest hardwar shop and find some MM-bolts to plug all the holes or better yet allen heads to fit the oil and the drain....

Wll thats my $4.26 and I will go sit down now

• thumpsalad

Posted May 14, 2002 - 07:07 AM

yeah...hindsight is 20/20, huh Ego?

Well, anyways...it happened and all I can say is be careful guys and don't let it happen to you!!! I would HATE to hear of it happening to one of you. I would not wish this on anyone.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.