Race Tech Gold Valves

12 replies to this topic
  • MANIAC998

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:18 PM

Have any of you TT'ers used the Gold Valves on your Yamaha's for off-road riding? I have the shock one, and am thinking of getting the forks also. I was just wondering about your inputs. Thanks, Maniac

• MX_Tuner

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:25 PM

I've installed countless sets and have yet to be disappointed. You'll rid yourself of the sagging mid-valve problems for good and get a much better ride all at teh same time. Be forewarned, though. RT's valving recommendations are quite stiff. I'd be glad to recommend a stack for you.

• MANIAC998

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:33 PM

Go ahead MX Tuner. Work your magic! Here is my stat's. 37 years young, 190 lb Amateur. Looking to race Hare Scrambles on my 2001 YZ426F. Thanks for your input and help. Maniac

• vznx1w

Posted May 14, 2002 - 04:35 AM

MX Tuner,

Do you remove the mid-valve when installing Gold Valves? I'm a 195lb, Vet A-rider and consistently bottom my '01 426 forks--even with 85mm oil hgt. I have to run the comp at 5 out, which makes for a harsh ride on the small stuff, but doesn't quite cure the bottoming.

I'm thinking of Gold Valves but have heard that removing the midvalve is a bad thing.

• skthom2320

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:53 AM

See this thread :

• Juneau25

Posted May 14, 2002 - 10:58 AM

MX Tuner I see that you are here in GA. Who did you have set up you suspension or should I say who would you recommend?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted May 15, 2002 - 01:04 AM

Hey Juneau, I do all my own work and do work for a lot of other guys. I also live in Woodstock on the east side of 575.

Steve, do you have stock valving in your 426? E-mail me with what you've done so far.

Maniac, e-mail me with some specifics (type of terrain you ride on, what your honest skill level is, etc)

• skthom2320

Posted May 15, 2002 - 05:43 AM

Originally posted by MX Tuner:
Steve, do you have stock valving in your 426? E-mail me with what you've done so far.

Umm. If you were talking to me, no. I had my suspension done by JM Racing here in the Houston area.

Steve T

• Bambislayer

Posted May 15, 2002 - 08:14 AM

Mx tuner- I live in Sandy springs and would be interested in you either showing me how to install the gold valves(for a fee of course) or having you do it. How do I get in touch with you to talk more about it?

• motoman393

Posted May 15, 2002 - 08:57 AM

I am impressed with the Gold Valves, and would buy them again. They are fairly easy to install and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

When I get a YZ450 in 5-6 months I am going to send my suspension to John Curea at MX Tech. I have heard nothing but good things about his work, and would like to compare results. Whatever you choose Im sure it will be better than the harsh stock ride. Later,

• DaveJ

Posted May 15, 2002 - 03:49 PM

That link that SKTHOM2320 listed is a good chat on the issue of Gold Valves and the like.

Obviously, when you speak of Race Tech, you're talking about more than just a stack or valve change.

BTW - my .47/5.6 spring recommendation is too stiff for most tight tracks (and I would assume woods). It's a great pair for high speed and big jumps, but the bike has a hard time diving and turning when the turns get tight.

MANIAC998 - Sounds like your in good hands. I'm sure you'll new ride will be well worth the effort.

• MX_Tuner

Posted May 16, 2002 - 01:14 AM

Bambislayer, you can e-mail me. I return all my e-mails at night when I get home.

Posted May 17, 2002 - 10:53 AM

I sent MXTuner my forks for a complete revalve and they are AWSOME :) I could not be happier with the work.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.