clutch ticking

2 replies to this topic
  • steveracer

Posted April 15, 2004 - 11:57 AM

my clutch ticks when the lever is pulled in. I didnt get a chance to open it up yet. but any info would be great. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steveracer

Posted April 15, 2004 - 03:45 PM

i pulled the clutch out and the bottom fiber plate was broke. about a 1inch piece of it was cracked off,but still in the basket. :)

• Frostbite

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:20 AM

I had the same problem. Heard ticking and got instant play in the lever, popped the basket out and found a broken plate. I replaced all fiber plates and broke another one within a week. I guessed that they were hanging a bit on the notches in the basket fingers. I filed the fingers smooth, (knowing that this creates more play between the plates and basket so it can wear notches even quicker) and installed new fiber plates again. That was 2 years ago, no trouble since. I did start using synthetic oil and now I use the clutch even less when I shift.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.