Xtreme X is a must see!

10 replies to this topic
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted May 13, 2002 - 06:32 AM

I saw it this weekend at a IMAX theater near me. That was my first experiance with IMAX. WOW. You gotta see this film. There are some action scenes that will make you queezy. The shot of one freestyle rider going for a superman seatgrab and missing the seat is sick.

I think my 5 year old son said it best at the start of the film. WOW!

• thumper4life

Posted May 13, 2002 - 07:27 AM

where would i be able to find an IMAX near me??

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted May 13, 2002 - 08:38 AM

Goto www.imax.com and they will tell you the theaters around the country. Then you have to see if they are playing it. I checked and the only theater in Oregon isn't going to play it. I wanted to see it real bad. The only movie I was actually waiting for this year.

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 13, 2002 - 09:35 PM

I saw it this weekend too, epic film! Most of those tricks were sick. The missed seat grab gave me the willies. I wonder if that guy lived, he had on heck of a bounce when he hit the landing (without the bike)!

PS-> It would be cool to see someone try a few of those tricks on a 4-stroke!

• thumper4life

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:27 AM

he lived, broke leg and shoulder i believe. this one time me and my lil brother was watchin FMX on tv and there was a guy doing all those tricks on a 426, they said it was because his bike broke and they bought that bike on the way to the event. he didnt do too much because it was so heavy though, he did alright.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:08 PM

Hey thumper4life. I dont know were Petersburg, MI is but Grand Rapids MI has an IMAX theater on East Beltline. Thats were I went

• MX_Tuner

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:10 PM

Is it in 3D at the IMAX theaters?

• PumpkinHumper

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:47 PM

No its not 3d. But the screen is so friggen big it pretty much engulf's all your vision. It puts you in the action. You practially have to turn your head to take in all the action. Its a heck of a lot diferant from a regular theater.

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 14, 2002 - 12:49 AM

That was the first imax film that I had seen and what impressed me the most was the clarity of the picture. The colors and detail were spectacular, it definitely wasn't filmed with a home video camera. :)

• thumper4life

Posted May 14, 2002 - 02:26 AM

its in the south east part of MI, 12 miles north of the ohio border. its just south of dundee, 30 miles south of ann arbor

• BFLee

Posted May 14, 2002 - 02:46 PM

I saw the movie at the Dublin, CA IMAX. It definitely a sets new standard. No other moto movie (crusty, et al ...) has this kind of production quality or cinematography. But what did you expect? It is from Disney instead of some moto-heads who tried to make a film. Go see it at an IMAX if possible, or at least sit close to the front at a regular theater. It got me so stoked in the first ten minutes that my eyes started getting teary. I'm sure I will go shell out the $8.75 again.

BTW - It's "Ultimate X", not "Extreme X".

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.