01 WR426 Stock Exhaust Baffle?

9 replies to this topic
  • peck30

Posted April 14, 2004 - 06:37 PM

I just bought a 01 WR426. The bike is in great shape but the guy I bought it from removed the baffle out of the stock exhaust. I was wanting to know if anyone out there would be willing to part with their stock baffle? Thanks for your help.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 14, 2004 - 07:26 PM

I would check into getting a exhaust insert that allows for a free flowing exhaust but still keeps the sound down. I have one installed on my stock system and it works great. I got mine from Baja Designs. I think its made by thumper racing. But there are others out there. They work great.

• YamahaSteve

Posted April 14, 2004 - 07:40 PM

Sorry, I would give you my old stock insert but the bolt fell out one day out at Moonrocks and the insert shot into the bushes somwhere... I use the GYT-R and it works well and is still pretty quiet.

• ChrisG

Posted April 16, 2004 - 12:40 PM

Promoto Billet has one as well (I think it is about $40). It opens the flow up to about 96db, as opposed to the appx. 87db out of the stock baffle.

• tcmII

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:50 PM

I have the stock baffle from my WR400 and am currently using the GYT-R insert. I'm not ready to part with it until I have a sound check. Here in Michigan the check is 94 db. I don't know when that will be, but I'll let you know as soon as it's done (assuming I pass).

I can tell you that with the GYT-R insert it has more power and cost $40.00 at the dealer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b-bike

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:28 PM

I just bought a 01 WR426. The bike is in great shape but the guy I bought it from removed the baffle out of the stock exhaust. I was wanting to know if anyone out there would be willing to part with their stock baffle? Thanks for your help.

Sounds like you should get the after market plug. However, If your dead-set on putting the stocker in I'll give you mine. I rode the bike about 200 yards with it in and knew right then it HAD TO COME OUT :D

You pay shipping and I'll send the piece of crap your way. I guess what I'm saying here is, check out the after market stuff first. :)

Boyd

• 426Woodsguy

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:35 PM

I have my stock baffle and you are welcome to it. But for the price of shipping and the feeling of disappointment you will feel when you get it, you will wish you would have bought the GYT-R. PM me and I will ship to you for the price of shipping.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 16, 2004 - 09:55 PM

Boyd,

Looks like you turned you YZ into a WR?

• b-bike

Posted April 18, 2004 - 07:51 PM

Boyd,

Looks like you turned you YZ into a WR?

tp3dxf:

Yep. When I bought my bike it was at the end of the modle year and I was able to pick it up brand new for $1200 less than for what they were asking for it earlyer that year. The only problem was that the YZ was the last bike they had. I would rather have had the WR but... for that kind of savings I got the YZ. From that time on I've been in the slow process of turning it into a WR. So far I've spent less on the conversion then what I saved on the purchase. :)

I posted the $$ numbers in a thread intitled "Why do people convert a WR to a YZ?"

*Trail Tech w/ billet guard $130
*Flywheel weight $70 (Used. Bought from a TTer)
*Head and tail lights $60 (Used. Bought from a TTer)
*Lighting coil $195
*Kick Stand $30
*52 Tooth sproket $30
*Spark Arrester $0 (self built) However, I just bought a stock WR-426 spark arrester from another TTer for $70 but I have not installed it yet
*Tank & Seat $0 (Sold YZ's to pay for WR's)
*18" rear wheel $0 (trade with WRSTEVE)

TOTAL $515.

Take that off the $1200 I a saved at purchase and you have a grand total of....

$680. That is still less then what they were asking for the new 02-WR's that were sitting on the show room floor.

That is why I chose to WR my YZ.
Pure and simple. It's a money thing. :D :D

Boyd

• peck30

Posted April 19, 2004 - 06:45 PM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction everyone. I will get down to the dealer and pick up the aftermarket insert. Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.