Metalic oil

5 replies to this topic
  • WR426madness

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:50 PM

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and just bought my first bike in about twelve years. I bought a used 02 WR426 and hsve maybe put 2 hours of ride time on it and just changed the oil for the first time since I got it. I changed it at night so I hade my flouresent shoplite there for some good light and I noticed a metalic swirl glitering in the lite, upon closer inspection I noticed there to be quite a bit of what looked like aluminum dust. I know this bike has a wet clutch but is this normal???? :)

• Hamish

Posted April 14, 2004 - 06:01 PM

sure is, you will get the same in the oil filter, so I'd recomend cleaning the filter every oil change, if not every 2nd change.

Hamish

• WR426madness

Posted April 14, 2004 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the info, I kinda thought it was normal and being a musle car builder as well I always do a thurough cleaning of everything that can be gotten to without dissasembly of the motor it's self. Once again thanks :D :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DeltaT

Posted April 14, 2004 - 07:00 PM

You can add a magnetic drainplug to help check for bigger, more worrisome bits - I would be concerned about anything big enough on the magnet to be able to feel.

Jim

• gearbox

Posted April 15, 2004 - 09:42 AM

"noticed a metalic swirl glitering in the lite"......
Sounds beautiful.
Oh, I also suggest the magnetic drain plug. :)

• WR426madness

Posted April 15, 2004 - 02:57 PM

Why thankyou, somtimes it dosen't hurt to be a bit poetic.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.