XR650R or WR450

59 replies to this topic
  • big t

Posted April 24, 2004 - 08:33 PM

If the BRP can't propel you through the "rock strewn creek" and other parts of your technical loop faster than the mini kx125, than you're too small and do not have the strength to ride the pig in anything but street like conditions. If I was faster on a 125, the XR would not be in my garage right now-plain and simple. It is a big/strong man's dirtbike. 125's and their weed-whacker like torque are best left to horse jockeys and pre-pubescent boys.

Put up or shut your hole. Come to Ely Nevada. Bring your XR650R, and lets race through the "rock-strewn creek". If your man enough to ride as well as you talk, PM me and I'll give you contact information to get a hold of me. I'll even put you up for the visit, in a local hotel. As for the KX125, it has LESS torque than a weed-whacker. I weigh 220 pounds, and I am 40 years old. So much for your horse-jockies and pre-pubescent boys. Your problem with 125's is you can't carry enough speed through turns or up hills to keep one "on-the-pipe" (in other words, you can't ride). Come on out. Be sure to bring a GPS, a lot of talent, and many changes of underwear. Be extra sure to leave the excuses at home. Before you accept, be sure to consider how you'll feel after getting spanked by a 40-year-old on a bike that has less-than-half the power of yours. If you are a big/strong enough man to risk, and handle, some embarassment, lets ride.

The xr650 is not the perfect bike for everyone. No bike is perfect. I looked at a lot of different bikes before I bought the 650. For what I do it is about as perfect as it gets. Power and reliabilty. The 650 is big and heavy but so am I. My number is 579. That's the combined weight of the bike ready to ride (302lbs) and my weight (277lbs). I never have been a two stroke fan. If somebody gave me a 125 I would sell it to come ride with you in Vegas. I wish I had the time off and the money to come out there and ride because I would love to ride that terrain. I'll be the first to tell you that 125's are hard to ride. That's why I'm not riding one. By the same token bring the 125 to Memphis. I'll ride with you. I don't care if you are faster than me, maybe you are maybe you aren't, because I will never be the fastest guy in race or on the trail but I promise you I will ride with you all day. Bottom line is I just like to ride and don't care what the other people are riding whether it's a two stroke or a quad. By the way the Harley is just fine. 4 yrs old and nothing but regular oil changes. So is the Polaris.:D :)

• RidesRed

Posted April 24, 2004 - 10:23 PM

Right on Big T. You understand that not every bike is the best bike for every conceivable situation, not even the mighty XR650R.
That was the point i was trying to make god-knows-how-many posts ago. I said the xr650 wasnt the best choice for a particular application, and it was like I farted in church . I love my BRP, but I have many, many bikes, and each one has its place. I am about to buy yet another (a husaberg), and it too will have its place. If I am ever going memphis way, i will look you up. likewise, if you ever get out this way, look me up. Just PM me here at TT. I live 250 miles north of vegas. All-day rides are what I live for, and I'll take you places the XR650R was made for. Glad to hear your HOG is doing well. Ride on. :)

P.S. My challenge to msm650 stands firm. Bring it on.

• RidesRed

Posted April 24, 2004 - 10:34 PM

Do some of us XR650R owners trully believe that the XR650R is the end all bike. PLEASE! It was designed as a Desert Race bike! Not a trail bike! Yes I have taken it on some trails that would have some of you pissing your pants. But it sure was not what I would have picked if there had been anything lighter on top of that cliff/trail! I'm not a 2 stroke guy but I do know my son on his CR125R has to keep it (on the pipe) when he is trying to keep up with me on hilly terrain. I also know that If this Rides red or red rider what ever-is on a 125 and calls you out on your 650 then you need to either accept his challenge (like a BIG/STRONG man) or shut that, what did he call it OH YAH or shut that hole up! Either way you look like an idiot unless you go up there to Ely and (proove him wrong) and let me tell you, you will be in for one hell of a ride! Hell I'll even drive up there (from Las Vegas) and watch this! HELL if you live in the Las Vegas area I will trailer your XR650R and you up there (no charge). I gotta see this. I bet you' ll have some excuse as to why you cant go like I live in New York or something. Put up or SHUT UP my YOUNG friend! PM me if you need that ride!

Ahhh...the sweet voice of reason and experience. Thanks for gettin my back dude. I hope msm650 takes you up on that generous offer. Next time you come up to Ely, lets go ride. Bring that crf250x, and I'll show you some places to ride you wont believe. Places they wouldnt dare take you during a dual sport tour. If your up to the challenge, let me know :)

P.S. My challenge to msm650 still stands firm. Bring it on.

• scorch

Posted April 25, 2004 - 02:45 AM

If the BRP can't propel you through the "rock strewn creek" and other parts of your technical loop faster than the mini kx125, than you're too small and do not have the strength to ride the pig in anything but street like conditions. If I was faster on a 125, the XR would not be in my garage right now-plain and simple. It is a big/strong man's dirtbike. 125's and their weed-whacker like torque are best left to horse jockeys and pre-pubescent boys.

:)

That is way too funny. I cant believe Rides Red got owned like that. :D :D

• CRF450X

Posted April 25, 2004 - 08:15 AM

Put up or shut your hole. Come to Ely Nevada. Bring your XR650R, and lets race through the "rock-strewn creek". If your man enough to ride as well as you talk, PM me and I'll give you contact information to get a hold of me. I'll even put you up for the visit, in a local hotel. As for the KX125, it has LESS torque than a weed-whacker. I weigh 220 pounds, and I am 40 years old. So much for your horse-jockies and pre-pubescent boys. Your problem with 125's is you can't carry enough speed through turns or up hills to keep one "on-the-pipe" (in other words, you can't ride). Come on out. Be sure to bring a GPS, a lot of talent, and many changes of underwear. Be extra sure to leave the excuses at home. Before you accept, be sure to consider how you'll feel after getting spanked by a 40-year-old on a bike that has less-than-half the power of yours. If you are a big/strong enough man to risk, and handle, some embarassment, lets ride.

HMMMM it seems to me that the only one who got "Owned" is the little man who spouted off his hole and showed everyone he really doesn't know jack [@#$%&*!] about riding! Then he is called out on the Field of Battle and still hasn't responded. He is also offered free transportation (him and his XR650R) and free accommodations. Still no reply. And all RidesRed said was that the XR650R was not the ideal bike on that part of a trail! So now you too have showed your ignorance and youth. :D People can put down other people and get a huge following? Hmmm sounds to me your just a little follower and really can't THINK for yourself. Hmmm Sounds like a Democrat to me. :)

• ineedmyspeed

Posted April 25, 2004 - 09:24 AM

Hey CRF450X,

Does that challenge belong to just msm, or can anybody take ya up on it? :D

I must say though, I agree with ya, the BRP is not the ideal bike for the tight technical stuff. BUt I still think I can spank ya with it. :) :D If not, I don't really care. :D I learned a long time ago, ya gotta care before you can be embarrassed. :usa: basicly I just want the free ride and hotel....but I'll still spank ya. :D

• CRF450X

Posted April 25, 2004 - 10:22 AM

Actually Rides Red issued the challenge to MSM650. I dont think youll get the free room but if MSM takes him up I will (which is what I offered MSM650)give him a free ride to Ely NV from Las Vegas. I will trailer his bike too. Actually I can trailer 3 bikes all together. Mine his and yours. As far as the free room I think that was a personal issue with MSM and Rides Red. Ive been to Ely NV and let me tell you that terrain is not were the XR650R shines! Should be fun to watch! MSM650 were are you? Youve been called to the floor Big Strong Man. Maybe its Big Strong Silent Man! LMFAO! :D :)

• Dutch

Posted April 25, 2004 - 10:33 AM

"Hmmm Sounds like a Democrat to me."
Jesus - lets not get politics into this now!
--- Lets not get Jesus in here either ----

• qadsan

Posted April 25, 2004 - 01:00 PM

Jesus rides a XR650R :)

• Dutch

Posted April 25, 2004 - 02:53 PM

Now I'm gonna have to see that movie ---

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RidesRed

Posted April 25, 2004 - 04:00 PM

Jesus rides a XR650R :)

That was last season Qad. This season, Jesus is riding a Husaberg FE650 super-motard :D

• Carlisle1972

Posted April 25, 2004 - 06:40 PM

One big part is that a very good rider can truly do amazing things on any bike I dont want to bring up Scott Summers in the east cost GNCC's but riding is an art you have to learn the bike and be one with it and learn how to ride the bike effectivly using different tecniques. Im not saying the pig is the best in tight woods but the BRP can be a deadly weapon in the tight stuff when set up correctly. I would be impressed if you could beat me on a 650. Why are you riding a 125 anyway. I have owned 250exc's 400exc 426 yzf's and even a wr250f Im the fastest everywhere on my 650 even in the tight tecnical stuff. Im only 5'10 and 175 lbs and am positive I could give you a run for your money on my PIG. The tighter the better so bring it on lawnmower man. Quads and Harleys who cares so does the Dyke down the street what does that prove the 125 says it all. :) she also has a KX125 to think of it!

• RidesRed

Posted April 25, 2004 - 06:53 PM

One big part is that a very good rider can truly do amazing things on any bike I dont want to bring up Scott Summers in the east cost GNCC's but riding is an art you have to learn the bike and be one with it and learn how to ride the bike effectivly using different tecniques. Im not saying the pig is the best in tight woods but the BRP can be a deadly weapon in the tight stuff when set up correctly. I would be impressed if you could beat me on a 650. Why are you riding a 125 anyway. I have owned 250exc's 400exc 426 yzf's and even a wr250f Im the fastest everywhere on my 650 even in the tight tecnical stuff. Im only 5'10 and 175 lbs and am positive I could give you a run for your money on my PIG. The tighter the better so bring it on lawnmower man. Quads and Harleys who cares so does the Dyke down the street what does that prove the 125 says it all. :) she also has a KX125 to think of it!

I can only assume by your questions that you don't read much. Did you care to read what motorcycles I own, and which is at the top of the list? Did you read that the person I mentioned the quad and harley comment to, lists that he owns a quad and a harley? Where did you read that this 125 subject has ANYTHING to do with a woods bike? If you look to the left, you will read that I live in the "high chapperal" of eastern nevada, it doesn't read "woods" of eastern Nevada. Did you read the long, sorted details of how this thread got to where it is? Did you read that we ALREADY addressed the scott summers issue? Please, if your going to make a comment, at least show enough consideration to read what has already been posted. Each and every issue you have brought up are in this thread, in one post or another.

• big t

Posted April 26, 2004 - 04:11 PM

Now we're back to bashing quads and Harley's. Where are the lesbians? :)

• RidesRed

Posted April 26, 2004 - 04:43 PM

Now we're back to bashing quads and Harley's. Where are the lesbians? :)

I'm a lesbian, trapped in a mans body :D

• ThunderChicken

Posted April 26, 2004 - 05:08 PM

i'm not a lesbian but i am starting to feel my bike. if i could just have a 525, same frame but shrunk to fit the 525, same ergos, same everything, the world would be a perfect place. until then i feel my bike on bulldog downhills and non-flowing terrain.

however, deflection is what keeps me off the crf, the wr/yzf i would never consider. i can pound through anything on my 650 and that says a lot. but still i've been feeling it way too much.

the big xr is the best bike i've ever owned and i think i'll always keep one around. however, it all depends on the race format or the terrain you ride. lately, for example, i see a trend in d37 to give riders what they have been asking for, more techincal through terrain where you just can't find flow on the big bike, knarly canyons, downhills that make hookers blush, etc.

next winter will be when the x comes. that will be when i decide if i'm going to ditch the 650 program and go with the motocrosser hybreds the industry seems to be directing us towards. but until then, right now for example, if i had to choose again i'd go with the big xr everytime and twice on sunday.

• RidesRed

Posted April 26, 2004 - 06:47 PM

I agree, the xr650 seems to simply push its way through any obstacle. And since I outfitted mine with race tech suspension, the "plush" factor is unbeleivable. Does a much better job of resisting bottoming as well. My brother is gettin the 250X, and I cant wait to try that bike on for size. I love my xr650. It does things no other bike I have ever owned will do. But some rides call for a completely different bike. I am fortunate enough to own many different bikes. Some bikes simply do some things better than my 650r, and it does some things better than any of my other bikes. I do back-to-back comparisons of each bike through the same terrain. So I know how my bikes differ, and where they have thier strong points. I get a lot of flack from xr650r owners who seem to think that thier xr650r can do anything, anywhere, better than any bike. To them I simply say that the Big Red Pig couldnt compete at Loretta Lynns against 12 year olds on 85cc two-strokes. It wasnt meant to, and it simply won't. Accept it. And just because I enjoy riding my 125, and think it blows my 650 into the weeds in certain portions of my riding loop, doesnt mean that they should be insulted (check the two previous pages if you havent already, that will explain this). Thier level of indignation could possibly point to serious sexual disfunction. Do they spend thier nights, pants around thier ankles, spankin it to the sight of thier xr650r? Lets hope not. I will continue to ride different bikes on different occasions, and will continue to express my opinions about each bike. To those who are insulted by the fact that I can carry more speed through tight corners on my KX125 than I can on my BRP (msm650, are you listening?), I say stop what your doing. Pull up your pants, and go look for a woman to fill that need. That BRP is probably getting creeped out. :) :D :D

• big t

Posted April 27, 2004 - 12:27 AM

I agree, the xr650 seems to simply push its way through any obstacle. And since I outfitted mine with race tech suspension, the "plush" factor is unbeleivable. Does a much better job of resisting bottoming as well. My brother is gettin the 250X, and I cant wait to try that bike on for size. I love my xr650. It does things no other bike I have ever owned will do. But some rides call for a completely different bike. I am fortunate enough to own many different bikes. Some bikes simply do some things better than my 650r, and it does some things better than any of my other bikes. I do back-to-back comparisons of each bike through the same terrain. So I know how my bikes differ, and where they have thier strong points. I get a lot of flack from xr650r owners who seem to think that thier xr650r can do anything, anywhere, better than any bike. To them I simply say that the Big Red Pig couldnt compete at Loretta Lynns against 12 year olds on 85cc two-strokes. It wasnt meant to, and it simply won't. Accept it. And just because I enjoy riding my 125, and think it blows my 650 into the weeds in certain portions of my riding loop, doesnt mean that they should be insulted (check the two previous pages if you havent already, that will explain this). Thier level of indignation could possibly point to serious sexual disfunction. Do they spend thier nights, pants around thier ankles, spankin it to the sight of thier xr650r? Lets hope not. I will continue to ride different bikes on different occasions, and will continue to express my opinions about each bike. To those who are insulted by the fact that I can carry more speed through tight corners on my KX125 than I can on my BRP (msm650, are you listening?), I say stop what your doing. Pull up your pants, and go look for a woman to fill that need. That BRP is probably getting creeped out. :D :D :usa:

The 12 yr olds at Loretta Lynns would probably beat most of us on any bike. I just raced the GNCC at LL's. We got to ride the mx track and if could ride it enough there were several jumps I would be comfortable doing. I think I could be very competitive against people of my own ability. Any jumps I would do on the 650 would be the same no matter what bike I ride. The trails at LL's are actually pretty good for the 650 because it was a fast course with some good hills. The guy that got 3rd in our class (4 stroke c 301cc+) was on a xr650 (Jeff Scherschel). I think he was leading that class for the series so far. He also rides a KTM I believe in some of the other GNCC races so he switches up. I got 31st out of 40 or 41 in our class and 303 out 420+ overall. I had a blast and felt like I did pretty good considering I haven't done a hairscramble in 3 and half years. I don't care what you say I could pick the 125 up and run with it faster than I could ride it :D. So why don't we all quit arguing about which bike is the best and just go ride. :usa: The 650 rocks. :) msm650 is missing all the fun. :D

• stonewall

Posted April 27, 2004 - 04:14 AM

My brother is gettin the 250X, and I cant wait to try that bike on for size.

I've been putting some time on a 250X recently and I gotta say, it's one of the best bikes I've ever ridden. It's a little down on power but still has enough to get the job done. :)

And just because I enjoy riding my 125, and think it blows my 650 into the weeds in certain portions of my riding loop, doesnt mean that they should be insulted

No bike I know of is perfect everywhere and the 125 will be much more nimble in certain situations. What the 125 gains in some places the 650 will make up in others. It will almost always come down to who's the best rider. Practically every place I ride out here is tight and technical and the BRP can hold it's own. :D

Big T
Good job at LL's. Out of all the GNCC's that is by far my favorite. It is an excellent track for the BRP. Most of the trail is wide and fast. Not as rough as some of the other races but big fun. I'd sure like to get back out there someday. I still have my LL 4ST B trophies around here somewhere. :D

Now, let's get back to those lesbians. :D :D

• Carlisle1972

Posted April 27, 2004 - 08:43 AM

Sorry about my post up there I just picked out of it a guy on a 125 that thought his 125 could beat a 650 in tight tec stuff. I was just replying to that. I agree when Its all said and done and we are all riding not working thats the point who cares what everyone rides I just like my Pig and will love it till the 450 comes out. Then I will still love it and its new little sister the mini pig

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.