Streaking Plastic

7 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted May 11, 2002 - 06:59 PM

Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of those annoying white streaks the plastic gets after it gets stressed in a crash or from some idiot leaning his bike against mine? My plastic is starting to look like it needs some help, so I bought some plastic renew and I was going to try to find a way to get rid of the streaks. Any suggestions?

• motoman393

Posted May 12, 2002 - 02:54 AM

use a heat gun or a propane torch to heat the underside of the plastic (if your name is ego you can use a flamethrower LOL) this will get rid of the white marks. Later,

Garrett

• yznvegas

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:47 AM

My bike is only about a week old and already doing those white marks. I haven't dropped the bike or anything, that is lame.

• thumper4life

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:23 AM

heatgun works great, make sure you do the underside though and just a lil bit on top

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto216

Posted March 24, 2006 - 08:02 PM

hey guys i just had to bring this back up... haha 4 years later, will a blow drier work? i'll be getting new plastics sometime but i would like to check this out too, maybe save some money cuz prom's comin up, thanks

• kid on a 426

Posted March 24, 2006 - 08:07 PM

hey guys i just had to bring this back up... haha 4 years later, will a blow drier work? i'll be getting new plastics sometime but i would like to check this out too, maybe save some money cuz prom's comin up, thanks

That might help maybe on the scuffed up areas like the front fender but won't help the white marks

• cowboyona426

Posted March 25, 2006 - 07:21 PM

moto216, I don't have a heat gun, I used a propane torch and was VERY, VERY careful not to get the plastic too hot and it worked fine. It takes a little time, so go over one streak then move to a different one and just keep bouncing back and forth until you get it. The only one I could not get out was a white mark around a really deep gouge in my back fender, everything else came out beautifully. Be careful around graphics, the heat may peel them off and/or ruin them.

• teamtoxic

Posted March 25, 2006 - 10:24 PM

Woah that was weird. I thought... Garrett? Then I realized the thread was 4 years old. Anybody else think the same?

RIP brother

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.