post pictures of things you made for your bike

26 replies to this topic
  • the426master

Posted April 14, 2004 - 02:05 PM

I want to see pictures of things you made for your bike :)

• carbonbody

Posted April 15, 2004 - 10:23 AM

Here's my WR426. Pretty much everything was made. Pay no attention to the car washer in the background. :)
LINK TO PHOTO

• Lowedog

Posted April 15, 2004 - 07:29 PM

426master, click here to check out some of the parts I have made. Being a machine tooling student you will appreciate them :)

:cheers:Lowedog

• simon@vic

Posted April 15, 2004 - 08:15 PM

Lowedog

very nice stuff. do you work at a machine shop or did you hog out all the parts in your basement with a hacksaw :)?

• Cmott426

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:29 AM

426master, click here to check out some of the parts I have made. Being a machine tooling student you will appreciate them :)

What is the CAD program you use?
I'm a CAD engineer for a small Aerospace company. I have made a few things for my bikes as well. I can't do all that I want because I am not suppose to be working on my own stuff :D
We have AutoCAD, Surf cam, and Merry Mech for the CNC punch.
We have 2 Komo CNC routers, Fedal mill, Finn Power punch press and 3 CNC brakes.

Nice work, I like the case saver!
I was planning on making a front disk guard with "WR 426" cut out.

• Frostbite

Posted April 16, 2004 - 04:45 AM

I modified a set of tires that let me ride all winter and offer some defense against polar bears.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• SBG

Posted April 16, 2004 - 05:21 AM

Nice parts. very cool! Man, when I checked your site, I saw it said Mark and Brett, and I thought it was some trick that imposed the persons name who clicked on the link. Check my name. :D

• the426master

Posted April 16, 2004 - 11:31 AM

lowedog those are some awsome parts thanks

• Bamster

Posted April 16, 2004 - 11:31 AM

Won't this give you waffle butt if you hang it out over the whoops
Posted Image
Spank me spank me

• b-bike

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:42 PM

Won't this give you waffle butt if you hang it out over the whoops
Posted Image
Spank me spank me

NICE RACK :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • b-bike

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:50 PM

I want to see pictures of things you made for your bike :)

First there was the spark arrester insert I built to slip inside my YZ silencer. Posted Image

• b-bike

Posted April 16, 2004 - 06:52 PM

Another view of the screen.
Posted Image

• jackofall

Posted April 19, 2004 - 08:55 AM

Lowedog, would you be interested in making/selling any of those parts. I am especially interested in the chain cover, the case saver and the rack.

• Hamish

Posted April 22, 2004 - 11:11 PM

Never to be burnt again!
Posted Image

• Hamish

Posted April 22, 2004 - 11:11 PM

Post deleted by Hamish

• Lowedog

Posted April 23, 2004 - 09:28 AM

Sorry guys. I haven't been on in awhile. Moved to a new house and haven't got the computer up and running yet.

I do work in a machine shop as a tool maker. The CNC I use has both Mastercam and a conversational program. I can program at the machine. Brett is a programer at our shop and made the programs for the sprocket guard and the gas cap. They let us use the equipment on our own time.

We would like to maybe start our own shop some day. Time is an issue though and it's hard to get free time for stuff like this. Doesn't leave too much time for riding. :D

If you are interested in any of the stuff, PM me or click contact on our site. We are going to make some sprocket covers for the WR/YZ 250F's soon and also the WR/YZ 400/426's. We are always interested in making something new also.

I will get my computer at home up and running this weekend.

:),
Lowedog

• groundhog

Posted April 25, 2004 - 02:38 PM

Heat shield on a Power Bomb header. Stainless steel designed with AutoCAD and cut with a water jet. Tig welded stainless nuts hold the attaching stainless screws.
Posted Image

• Frostbite

Posted April 25, 2004 - 03:30 PM

Very nice. Can you make me one with my name in it?

• groundhog

Posted April 26, 2004 - 11:34 PM

Frostbite
I can make one, but the waterjet isn't mine. My buddy makes a living with it (and doesn't ride either), so he is going to want paid. I'll call him today and see how much he wants to cut one. I'll be glad to do the cadd work & pick up the stainelss hardware. I'll let you know details tonight.

• Frostbite

Posted April 27, 2004 - 08:33 AM

Thanks Groundhog, I have nothing right now and a custom shield would be cool.
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.