42 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 11, 2002 - 02:53 AM

Sorry its not about the yz but its funny
Maybe we could use this on some rap muzic then it would make sence

[ May 11, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• tmgolden

Posted May 11, 2002 - 06:22 PM

Do you know if they sell a device that would help us understand your posts?

Ha, ha... Just kidding.

• cowboyona426

Posted May 11, 2002 - 06:49 PM

What about a device that translates what women say? So that when they SAY something, we know what they REALLY MEAN :) . Of course, nothing like that would ever be possible, because we all know women work in strange ways :D . I just wish I knew if when I said, "Honey, I'm going riding," and she said, "ok," she meant "go have fun and don't kill or maim yourself" or "you'll be sorry when you get back for leaving me alone all day you s.o.b!" Of course, maybe I could just have the dog tell me what she really means...

• Boit

Posted May 11, 2002 - 11:08 PM

Cowboybona...ain't it da truth? Case in point: I dated a lady a couple of years ago who was driving her Mustang along the interstate when lo and behold, the red "temp" light came on. She continued driving for about 3 more miles until the engine seized. I asked her why she kept driving after the red light came on and her reply was classic..." kept running". Only women's logic can come up with something like that.

If she asks you if you are hungry, you better say yes and get to the nearest restaurant. What she really meant was that SHE was hungry and you are wrong if you can't absorb the hint.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 12, 2002 - 08:47 AM

First rull of thumb when that happens is the wife is saying yes, But the subliminul message is she is actually shaking her head NOOOOOOOOO!

• cowboyona426

Posted May 12, 2002 - 05:58 PM

Ego, I know what you mean man! I just wish I knew when yes meant yes and when yes meant no! Sometimes I think yes means yes and it means no, and sometimes yes means no and I think it means yes. Guess that's what I get for doin my own thinking huh? :)

Boit- is she still around? If she is, don't let her NEAR your bike, it doesn't even have a light! My fiancee blew an engine out of a 1990 ford ranger once because her grandpa told her to add a little oil every now and then, so every few months she'd dump a quart down the thing! I'm glad that was before I met her and I didn't have to foot the bill! :D

• Boit

Posted May 12, 2002 - 10:13 PM

coybona, she's long gone! Happy days are here again! :)

• sirthumpalot

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:31 AM

There is one very important lesson that I learned very early in marriage. When it comes to something important (i.e. anytihng to do with the bike), it's typically easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 13, 2002 - 03:30 AM

BINGO !!! :)

• PumpkinHumper

Posted May 13, 2002 - 06:36 AM

Whenever I tell the wife Im going ridding I get the reply "fine, whatever". What does this mean? Is it as bad as I think it is.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 13, 2002 - 06:45 AM

Oh thats the worst kinda answer ever :)

That means no matter what you do your hosed big time.

I bet its the "Fine - Whatever"
with the distant look :D

Ya might as well just go lay down in a corner.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted May 13, 2002 - 06:58 AM

You crack me up.

Thats pretty much what I figured it was.

The way I see it. If she cant give me a straight answer. The hell with it. Im going ridding anyways. Ill deal with the concequences later.

She cant stay mad forever right! RIGHT???

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 13, 2002 - 07:37 AM

My wife never gets histericle

She Gets Historicle :)

Short Answer
Thats rule # 4
Wife has the right to stay mad forever

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 13, 2002 - 09:19 PM

Whats it mean when the wife says "FINE". Not fine, but FINE, then she slams the garage door, and I hear stuff crashing around in the house. Im not sure about the stuff, cuz I got a 2 and a 4 year old that are both hyper active, and well, stuff happens and you know what I mean. LOL.

Anybody ever get the "how is that fair?" I explain it everytime, but she aint buying anymore.

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 13, 2002 - 09:36 PM

:) Shawn

Man you got a mean one Dont ya

So far I have replaced three Cabinet doors in me Bathroom and fixed a dishwasher door

All Becouse of "FINE"

Man how did this post go from listening to dogs talk to hearing our wives define the finer parts of NO

• wflee26

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:15 AM

First off, let me say, Great Postings! In response to the girlfriend/wife/riding issue, let me help. An ex-girlfriend sent this to me "in hopes that the next one won't suffer as I did".

Subject: The Women's Vocabulary
Keywords and their meanings.

This is the word we use at the end of any argument that we feel we are right about but need to shut you up. NEVER use fine to describe how a woman looks. This will cause you to have one of those arguments.

This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that your motorcycle race is going to last before you take out the trash, so we feel
that it's an even trade.

This means something and you should be on your toes. "Nothing" is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. "Nothing" usually signifies an argument that will last "Five Minutes" and end with word "Fine."

GO AHEAD (with raised eyebrows)
This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset over "Nothing" and will end with the word "Fine."

GO AHEAD (with normal eyebrows)
This means "I give up" or "do what you want because I don't care." You will get a raised eyebrow "Go Ahead" in just a few minutes, followed by "Nothing" and "Fine" and she will talk to you in about "Five Minutes" when she cools

This is not actually a word, but is still often a verbal statement very misunderstood by men. A "Loud Sigh" means she thinks you are an idiot at
that moment and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you over "Nothing."

Again, not a word, but a verbal statement. "Soft Sighs" are one of the few things that some men actually understand. She is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe and she will stay content.

This word followed by any statement is trouble. Example: "Oh, let me get that". Or, "Oh, I talked to him about what you were doing last night". If
she says "Oh" before a statement, run, do not walk, to the nearest exit. She will tell you that she is "Fine" when she is done tossing your clothes out the window, but do not expect her to talk to you for at least 2 days. "Oh" as the lead to a sentence usually signifies that you are caught in a lie. Do not try to lie more to get out of it, or you will get raised eyebrows "Go
Ahead" followed by acts so unspeakable that I can't bring myself to write about them.

This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can say to a man. "That's Okay" means that she wants to think long and hard before paying you retributions for what ever it is that you have done. "That's Okay" is often used with the word "Fine" and used in conjunction with a raised eyebrow "Go Ahead". At some point in the near future when she has plotted and planned,
you are going to be in some mighty big trouble.

This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing whatever it is
that you have done. You have a fair chance to tell the truth, so be careful and you shouldn't get a "That's Okay".

A woman is thanking you. Do not faint, just say you're welcome.

This is much different from "Thanks". A woman will say "Thanks A Lot" when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have hurt her in some callous way, and will be followed by the "Loud Sigh". Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the "Loud Sigh", as she will only tell you "Nothing"

• Shawn_Mc

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:37 AM

Ego ya, I got me a mean one fer sure. Ya cant have looks and temprament too (or maybe you can, no such luck here) :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:47 AM

know what ya mean

all I gotta say is on those PMS days I dont care what happens its best to be out in the woods riding, then home being hunted down like a dawg :) :D :D

• RSA210

Posted May 13, 2002 - 12:39 PM

Look it's REAL SIMPLE don't ask much from your women.ALL I ASK of my wife is that while i'm out riding is TWO THINGS;

:) :D :D :D :D :D

• cowboyona426

Posted May 13, 2002 - 02:13 PM

LMAO this is great! I must say, I opened a big 'ol can o worms with my first post on this thread :) . I'm glad to see that not everyone has the same probs I do. ShawnMC, I'm sorry man. Hang in there, it might get better. Of course, it could get worse too :D ! Maybe someday some guy who is much more highly intelligent than me will be able to figure out everything women mean, but I kinda doubt it. FYI, I respond to this thread when my fiancee is at work :D !

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.