Found out why they foul PLUGS

4 replies to this topic
  • OZZY

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:25 PM

ITS LIKE READING WAR AND PEACE.
JUST DID A FOUR HOUR SEARCH AND CAME UP WITH ALL THIS STUFF. BLUE WIRE, BAD GAS,USING A PLASTIC GAS CAN?, WINTER GAS NEED RACE GAS, NEED HOTTER PLUG,JETING, COIL, AIR SCREW ,STARTING(DRILL)ACCELERATOR PUMP BK MOD, VENT TUBE, CARB NOT CENTERED AND NOT CLEANED,
OILY AIR FILTER, TO MUCH MOTOR OIL, I THINK MY BIKE HAS ONE OR ALL OF THES PROBLEMS OR IT JUST HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN.
I WILL FIND OUT ON SATURDAY WHEN I PICK IT UP AT THE DEALER. MY WIFE TALKED TO THEM ON THE PHONE AND THEY MENTIONED ACCELERATOR PUMP? I JUST HOPE I DONT HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT FEW HAD IN 01. SOME OF THOSE TOPICS GO ON FOR MONTHS ,I WOULD HAVE THOUGH 02s WOULD HAVE WORKED THIS OUT.
I WILL POST THE FINDING AND THE OUT COME, ALSO MY FRINDS 02 IS IN FOR THE SAME REASON. STARTS FINE RIDE IT FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES OR A COUPLE MILES AND IT TURNS INTO THE(BEAST)AND HAS A MIND OF IT OWN.POPING, BACK FIREING ACTS LIKE ITS RUNING OUT OF GAS, THEN IT WILL RUN FINE AND START THE ROUTINE ALL OVER AND THEN DROP DEAD. THAT IS WHEN YOUR ABOUT TEN MILES A WAY, YOU ASK WHY WOULD ANY ONE GET THAT FAR AWAY, I REALY LIKE TO RIDE IT WHEN IT RUNS. :) :D

• kc_husky

Posted May 11, 2002 - 02:38 AM

OZZY, What info did you find on vent tubes? I was just wondering. I ran a search for vent tube but I didn't find anything that was interesting on that topic. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 11, 2002 - 02:45 AM

Ozzy
You got the goes on for days right

Including myself :)
Did I say that
We all can give Good advice

Some of it is just plain Bull though

Its like reading the paper, believe 2% the rest is crap

• OZZY

Posted May 12, 2002 - 04:47 AM

Kc husky. The post on the vent tube, was that it will not let gas vapors exit the tank and push gas into the garb and into the cylinder and foul the plug, sounds like it could happen. I just got my bike back from the dealer and they said it was runing rich (like i didnt know that )they droped it all the way down to 155 on the main. Runs real good time will tell. :)

• Mark_Cantrell

Posted May 12, 2002 - 06:08 AM

Ozzy,

That may sound like a small main, but I run a 162 at 500 feet. Sounds about like a suggestion from Taffy.

The popping, backfiring, and bucking is the plug fouling. I went through that last year on mine.

Good luck,
mwc

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.