Waterproofing Trailtechs - How???

7 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted April 14, 2004 - 02:48 AM

When I wash my bike or ride on the wet my Trailtech computer goes crazy...120kmh average speed :).... I wish!!!.
When its dry it works fine (....mostly:confused:). Anybody have simliar problems and how did you fix it, if you did.

• SXP

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:33 AM

Mine does the same thing, and it takes forever for it to start working normally again. Piss poor design in my opinion, especially for something that was designed to work on a dirt bike.

• dez4ever

Posted April 14, 2004 - 08:49 AM

First off, I was just curious why you don't you take it off when you wash your bike? They may say it is waterproof but dousing that thing with water is just asking for problems in my opinion. I have had the same unit for about five years and have not had one problem with it to date and I've ridden in some pretty wet conditions. I think maybe once the seal is broken (water getting in some way?)its a done deal after that.

Just my .02

• JVP

Posted April 14, 2004 - 10:31 AM

I cover mine with a shop towel when I clean the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 14, 2004 - 12:42 PM

Always take it off to wash your bike. If it gets wet take out the battery and leave cover off an let it dry for a day.
The unit is not water proof! :)

• SXP

Posted April 14, 2004 - 03:22 PM

Don't forget to make a note of total miles (odometer) and hours ridden (in case you track those things) 'cause you'll lose all that info when you remove the battery. You can re-enter the data when you put the battery back in.

• mtrablue

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:04 PM

it was designed to work on a bicycle and made to work on a dirt bike. i put a sandwich bag over mine when washing.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 15, 2004 - 02:26 AM

I think there may be a couple of models of Trail Tech computers out there. Mine is the Endurance model. It is made to be mounted on a motorcycle. Never had a problem with it taking on water. I have left the bike in the rain overnight and even wash the bike with no problems. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.