YZ 426 Horsepower question?

11 replies to this topic
  • mikev7

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:39 PM

I know that my 2000 Yanaha YZ 426 makes about 38 horses stock. But i dont know if it's at the crank or rear wheel? Does anyone out there know or have a link to a place where i can see some stats?

• Satch0922

Posted April 14, 2004 - 03:41 AM

" was just reading a back issue of "dirt bike" magazine and they had the dyno report of the 2000 yz426 and it put out 47.4 hp."

• mikev7

Posted April 14, 2004 - 02:54 PM

Is that at the crank or the rear wheel?

• jc777

Posted April 14, 2004 - 03:42 PM

gotta be rear wheel, On my wr450's certificate of orgin it says 59hp crank.

• mikev7

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:29 PM

You shure the yz 450 has 59 at the crank? :)

• SFO

Posted April 14, 2004 - 06:41 PM

dynojet has an '01 at~
please disregard all the bigbore kit nonsense...

http://209.197.247.2...ne_yzf_ 444.htm

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ426FPilot

Posted April 14, 2004 - 07:23 PM

I can back that up. The CFOs are accurate,the YZ450F is rated at 60, WR450s at 59. The 04 YZ250F got bumped to 42 this year. The 02 YZ426 was at 58.

I'm pretty sure these are the actual BHPs.

Knowing this I have a tough time with pepole who only have access to publicaly available aftermarket parts claiming over 60hp at the rear of their 04 YZ450s. That's factory racebike territory for teams with cubic $$$ for R&D.

• SFO

Posted April 14, 2004 - 07:52 PM

Knowing this I have a tough time with pepole who only have access to publicaly available aftermarket parts claiming over 60hp at the rear of their 04 YZ450s. That's factory racebike territory for teams with cubic $$$ for R&D.

There is 60+ rwhp available w/o factory parts, albiet on a national level team.
It is possible to make Keith McKarty rub his chin and say "nice motor".
Trust me.
On a independent budget.
The factory parameters are fuzzy.
Doug wanted smooth torque curve delivery not peak HP.
We could make nearly 65rwhp dynojet but Doug always had us put it back to the best ie/smoothest torque curve in as much as dynojet values figure in the real world.
The sacrifices to create peak hp out of a 450 come out of the torque curve.
It is liars dice.
I make blah blah blah, so what.
I heard straight from BBOZ his crf motard bike made 55rwhp on the factory honda dynojet uncorrected and he is a family friend.
'Taint 'bout peak figures unless you are trying to SELL something.. :D :D :)

• mikev7

Posted April 15, 2004 - 01:10 AM

Thanks, i thought i was at about 38 at the crank. I read a dyno run graph that said at 38 stock but i did'nt know if it was at the rear or crank. :)

• YZ426FPilot

Posted April 15, 2004 - 07:25 AM

Where was the dyno located?

A dyno run in Denver is going to yeald lower numbers than a dyno in near sea level in Southern California.

And thats true abou talk that HP talk. What good is all that HP gonna do ya if you cant get it to the ground and use it. Dynos are about the worst indication about how fast a bike can go. Execpt maybe in a sand drag.

• mikev7

Posted April 15, 2004 - 11:51 PM

This aint the one that i read but instead another one i saw. The one i saw was an actual graph. Heres one that states what i thought the HP was. The image woul'nt come up so heres a link. http://www.dirtrider...omparision.html

• mikev7

Posted April 16, 2004 - 12:02 AM

This aint the one that i read but instead another one i saw. The one i saw was an actual graph. Heres one that states what i thought the HP was. The image woul'nt come up so heres a link. http://www.dirtrider...omparision.html

I remembered where i saw this one. This is the one i was talking about. It's for the 450 though. Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.