Adding Fork oil

2 replies to this topic
  • gawarrior

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:06 PM

Quick question on how much fork oil to add. I just did the film negative way of cleaning the seals. I worked really well. Now I just want to make sure I added the correct amount of oil in them. I went by what the manuel says. Add to 5.31" and that is without the spring in. I measured from the top with the fork completely compressed and it is 5.31. I only did one side because the other is not leaking at all. If I added oil to what the manuel says I should be fine, right?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:28 PM

Yes 5W oil at 130mm from the top should be good. I am heavier and run 100mm from the top. :)

• gawarrior

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:11 AM

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I did. I will finish putting it back together tonight and should be good to go.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.