stepped up big time!

4 replies to this topic
  • intothumpin

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:38 AM

I just secured my spot inline for a new YZ450F. Gave the dealer my deposit and told him to call me when it comes in. I've been riding and having a blast on my 250F but I miss the power of the big bore. I've held out for 2 years waiting for this bike. Now I have to wait another 3 to 4 months but I am sure it will be worth the wait.
Anyone else stepping up?
I have an awesome 01 YZ250F that will be going up for sale. Anyone interested? Parts list available upon request. :D :) :D

• John_Lorenz

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:46 AM

Who first on the Block

Congrates Dude

[ May 10, 2002: Message edited by: EgoAhole ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumpty_Dumpty

Posted May 10, 2002 - 06:00 AM

Given that Yamaha hasn't even announced it yet - did the dealer quote you any specs on this 450?? How do you know exactly what you're buying?

• mcarp

Posted May 10, 2002 - 06:39 AM

I think I may wait until 2004. Really don't want to work out any bugs the new model might have.

I'm actually very interested in finding out of older aftermarket parts (pipes, shark fin, hubs) and 98-02 YZ plastic will fit the new model. That way I can graft all the cool mods I've done to my WR to a new bike.

• intothumpin

Posted May 10, 2002 - 07:08 AM

Originally posted by Thumpty Dumpty:
Given that Yamaha hasn't even announced it yet - did the dealer quote you any specs on this 450?? How do you know exactly what you're buying?

Were you disappointed with your 426? I think Yamaha has it down and they are taking all the things they have learned with the 426 and just stepped up and improved on what they have now. I have confidence in the boys in blue. I wouldn't have a garage full of the blue bikes if I didn't!
the list looks like this,
00 PW50
01 TTR125L
O1 YZ80
02 YZ125
01 YZ250F

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.