STARTING THE 426(DEAD ENGINE START?)

5 replies to this topic
  • yzboy

Posted May 09, 2002 - 08:05 PM

I RACE THE HARE AND HOUND DESERT RACE. IT'S A DEAD ENGINE START! WHEN THE BANNER DROPS YOU KICK YOUR BIKE. THEY HOLD THE BANNER UP FOR 1MINT IT SEEMS THAT IN THAT 1MINT TIME I SEEM TO LOSE THE COMPRESION FROM MY BIKE. IS THEIR ANY ADVANTAGE TO PULL MY HOT START BUTTON ON DURING THE START, OR JUST LEAVE IT OFF. THANKS

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 09, 2002 - 08:14 PM

yzboy.......
What is your usra# ??
I will see you at Cherry Creek!
:)

• yzboy

Posted May 09, 2002 - 08:17 PM

HUCKER, MY USRA #12V? ARE YOU GOING OUT FRIDAY?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted May 10, 2002 - 02:40 AM

Here's my whacky sequence for superior starting w/bike in 2nd gear...have it warm not hot. With the bike running, click into 2nd gear, rev the bike a few times to sling the oil off of the clutch plates, kill the bike while still holding the clutch in, hold clutch for a few seconds after the bike is shut down, I always open my hot start circuit for a few seconds then close it back off, that littel breath of fresh air always seems to help. I get the kickstarter where it needs to be for regular starting but do not hold any pressure against it, once my row has the board sideways, I place my foot lightly against the starter and wait for board to drop and take off...with this, I have yet to be left at the line kicking my bike a 2nd time...heat or cold, it works. 01'YZ426 BTW. Good luck, and yes, a dead engine starting 426 can holeshot against e-starters and 2smokes....

• dhowell

Posted May 10, 2002 - 06:00 AM

I am a novice when it comes to racing, but I think I have the dead start down now after being left at the line for my first two races this year. Whith the bike out of gear and the hot start open, I just kick it 5-10 times to prep the bike. I leave the hot start open until they raise the flag. When the flag is droped, one kick and then I am off. It's pretty basic, but it has worked well for my last three races.

Good luck!

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted May 10, 2002 - 09:06 PM

yxboy........LOOK FAMILIAR??????
nice drop HUH!
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.