I have a question about Turning

2 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted May 09, 2002 - 07:07 PM

I just got my first bike, My friend told me that when I am going into a turn, I should standup and gas through with my foot on the ground Like a BMX rider.

I dont understand how I can do this..

[ May 09, 2002: Message edited by: Ducman ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fireballsocal

Posted May 09, 2002 - 07:45 PM

You sit down unless your REALLY good. Sitting lowers the center of gravity, giving you more control of the bike. Putting out your foot both gives you balance and puts a little more weight on the front tire, aiding turning traction. I tap down my foot every so often to save me from going down. Scooting up close to the tank also puts less weight on the rear tire allowing it to come around better, and putting more weight on the front tire, keeping it from slipping out.

• Ranger_426F

Posted May 10, 2002 - 06:38 AM

In addition to the other post. Your friend might be refering to applying pressure to your outside foot peg in a turn. Gives the bike more traction. You can also stand before entering the turn then sit shifting wieght forward on the tank as you give it throttle and out you shoot on the other side ahead of your buddy.

You should practice coordinating all theat stuff until your smooth and fast.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.