Moab trails

8 replies to this topic
  • jackofall

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:07 AM

I am heading to Moab this weekend with a group of friends. I've notice some posts here and it sound like some of you are very familiar with the trails there. I have ridden a few of the more popular ones, but am looking for some longer rides, maybe connecting trail to trail. I want to decrease the time I spend loading/unloading and increase the time on the trails. Any suggestions?

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 01:11 PM

Dual sport your bike is the best way to connect from trail to trail. I always put on my Trick Dual Sport for Moab. If you cant do that go to the parking area and just do the loops twice or reload and drive to the next trail. :)

• r1superstar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:10 PM

I am heading to Moab this weekend with a group of friends. I've notice some posts here and it sound like some of you are very familiar with the trails there. I have ridden a few of the more popular ones, but am looking for some longer rides, maybe connecting trail to trail. I want to decrease the time I spend loading/unloading and increase the time on the trails. Any suggestions?

Blackie and I always load and unload between trails. It's no big deal. Three minutes tops. Just keep all your gear on and jam..........

• jackofall

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:16 PM

So I guess nobody has put several trails together to create a long ride huh? Oh well. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:26 PM

What we are saying is the riding areas that have the difficult sections everyone wants to hit are not connectable without dual sporting or trailering. Sorry we cant come up with any ride that is long and fun. :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 05:08 PM

Our group burned the pavement between Moab up to Long Canyon, up to Dead Horse Point (had a guy with us that had never been there), then down to Gemini Bridges, then Golden Spike to Gold Bar rim to Poison Spider and then back to town. 70ish miles, about 25 of that on the pavement. Long ride and it's more pavement than I like to ride, but it was fun and we didn't have to trailer out. =)

• lipskid

Posted April 13, 2004 - 07:28 PM

Give Dale a call at http://www.elitemotorcycletours.com . He knows as much about the area as anyone. He can guide you on some awsome routes most people will never find, or he'll be happy to point you towards some good trails if you're not into hiring a guide. Ask him about the Sovereign Trail. It's a new trail, only been in place a couple of years, not many people know about it. He sells maps of it for a few bucks and proceeds go to "Ride with Respect" to help keep tree huggers in check. :)

• blackie

Posted April 14, 2004 - 02:26 AM

As R1 said above, trailering is no big deal. We have been going down to Moab for 13 years. Yes, there are long rides that you can do such as White Rim, which you access from Potash road near Arches, but there are geographical boundaries that make long COOL rides difficult, i.e., the Colorado River, Highway 191, Canyonlands National Park and Arches National Park. A lot of the longer trails are setup on jeep trails and offer little excitement other then scenery. The technical trails are often less then 25 miles and are not connected without some pavement time.

John

• jackofall

Posted April 19, 2004 - 07:36 AM

Appreciate all the input. Just got back and had a great time!! No place on earth like Moab. We rode over 10 trails, Flat Pass, Fins and Things, Porcupine Rim, Slick Rock, Amasa Back, Poison Spider, Kane Creek, Sovereign Singletrack, Chicken Corners, Steel Bender, Gold Rim, etc. My favorite was Sovereign. What a great trail. Hope it stays singletrack!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.