JUNE 19 DESERT FOXES ROUND 2 MAKE UP Wendover,NV

6 replies to this topic
  • r1superstar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:06 AM

Anyone racing this event?

JUNE 19
DESERT FOXES ROUND 2 MAKE UP
Wendover,NV

I'm planning on it but had a couple questions.

1) What type of exhaust is not allowed?
2) What class should I enter in?
3) How long is the loops?

Thanks...........db

• mrmoto

Posted April 13, 2004 - 12:06 PM

Danny,
We'll since I can't seem to get enough people interested in riding every weekend :), I've been racing... I've done 2 of the USRA races so far this year and 4 last year. I'll likely do the June 19th make-up race. For the exhaust, you'll need a spark-arrester. So, far I haven't seen any noise restrictions. I've been riding in the Novice Class, Over 30 category. You are a bit faster than I am... but I think these guys will give you a run. I usually come in middle of the pack. Don't even bother with the Sportsman class. I raced this class a few times and generally came in the top 3 riders. Not too competitive. The Novice class will race around 45 miles. The Amateur and Expert classes will go around 80 miles (2 loops). You can see details of the current and past races at www.dirt-results.com. They generally don't post info about up-coming racing until 2-3 week before the race.
- Eric

• r1superstar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 12:29 PM

Danny,
We'll since I can't seem to get enough people interested in riding every weekend :), I've been racing... I've done 2 of the USRA races so far this year and 4 last year. I'll likely do the June 19th make-up race. For the exhaust, you'll need a spark-arrester. So, far I haven't seen any noise restrictions. I've been riding in the Novice Class, Over 30 category. You are a bit faster than I am... but I think these guys will give you a run. I usually come in middle of the pack. Don't even bother with the Sportsman class. I raced this class a few times and generally came in the top 3 riders. Not too competitive. The Novice class will race around 45 miles. The Amateur and Expert classes will go around 80 miles (2 loops). You can see details of the current and past races at www.dirt-results.com. They generally don't post info about up-coming racing until 2-3 week before the race.
- Eric

Eric,

Thanks for the info bro. I too have become busy on the weekends to ride off-road. What do you say we ride 5-mile on the weekdays??

As for the races, that's great! We should pit together and help each other out. I have started traing already and hope to be in top shape mentally and physically when the races roll around. It would be fun.

Spark arrestor? So my stock can will be fine (no db restrictions) right?

30+ Novice you say? Is there a Vet class? Which one should I enter in?

Thanks again for the info Eric, talk to you soon................db

My number again just in case, 801.330.7886

As for yours, I lost all memory on my Palm Pilot and had three cel phones in the last month. So please PM it to me again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N7SLC

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:45 PM

We'll since I can't seem to get enough people interested in riding every weekend :grin

Well, that's not true! We're ALWAYS interested in riding...it's just
that some of us are interested in our family lives too! :)

You can base these accusations on Easter Weekend, Eric...My new tire
will be here on Monday. We can always hook up at 5-Mile if we're
desperate!

• r1superstar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 05:01 PM

We'll since I can't seem to get enough people interested in riding every weekend :grin

Well, that's not true! We're ALWAYS interested in riding...it's just
that some of us are interested in our family lives too! :)

You can base these accusations on Easter Weekend, Eric...My new tire
will be here on Monday. We can always hook up at 5-Mile if we're
desperate!

Plus some of us like to ride on Sunday. :D

Weeknights at five mile. Let's start doing it. :D

• mrmoto

Posted April 14, 2004 - 04:30 AM

I'm in for some week nights at 5 mi. Maybe next week?

• r1superstar

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:39 AM

I'm in for some week nights at 5 mi. Maybe next week?

Sounds good, let's keep in touch..........db

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.