Seal saver boots?

6 replies to this topic
  • bonecrusher69

Posted April 13, 2004 - 06:36 AM

I am interested in getting a pair of seal savers for my wr450. My only concern is that I need to remove the guide bracket for the fork guards. I'm not sure if that would be a good thing. Is anyone using them? and if so how do you like them and have you had any problems with your fork guards? Thanks :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 13, 2004 - 06:47 AM

I use them, they fit under the guide brackets no worries. I have had them on over a year now maybe closer to two

Had my suspension done at aftershocks the seals and dust seals looked so good he had no reason to replace them
:)

Posted Image

• JVP

Posted April 13, 2004 - 08:28 AM

Ditto, I had to use longer screws for the guides.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonecrusher69

Posted April 13, 2004 - 11:22 AM

Thats great, thanks for the imfo and picture. My list keeps getting bigger. :D Ride hard and have fun :)

• KentuckyWR

Posted April 13, 2004 - 11:32 AM

Ditto on the longer screws, but after a while I was able to replace the longer screws with the originals (crushed it down a little). I Really Like Mine! :)

• Hamish

Posted April 13, 2004 - 12:59 PM

Same here.One word of advise... pull them off on a regular basis and clean them as sand and small rocks do manage to find their way under the seal savers.

Hamish

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 01:04 PM

I replace mine once a month but I ride every weekend. They will trap dirt and you really cant clean them completely without taking them off. I just buy the long ones and cut them down into 3 pairs to keep the cost down. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.