Which Pipe insert offers Best Sound & Performance WR450???

9 replies to this topic
  • Z06

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:10 AM

I am picking up a 2004 WR450F next week.

I do NOT want to buy a new pipe, bike has plenty of power for me. However, I do NOT want to lose power either. Otherwise I will keep the stock sound. :)

I would mostly like a better Sounding exhaust with"out" a loss in performance.

Does anyone know the Factory Decibel rating?

Are these Inserts mostly for NOISE reduction, or do some actually offer a better sound?

Thanks

Mac

• gloft

Posted April 13, 2004 - 08:36 AM

I really like the sound of my Baja Designes insert. I get better performance about 92 DB sound and zero maintenance. Price wasn't bad either. :)

• beezer

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:10 AM

The stock insert is a joke. I bought the GYT Yamaha insert and the Pro Moto Billet inserts. I liked how the bike ran and sounded with the Pro Moto Billet. You will have to richen up the jetting.

The bike has plenty of power.

• Z06

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:23 AM

I really like the sound of my Baja Designes insert. I get better performance about 92 DB sound and zero maintenance. Price wasn't bad either. :D

Any power Loss?

Is the sound deeper?

I'll check out the Baja. :)

Mac

• Z06

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:27 AM

The stock insert is a joke. I bought the GYT Yamaha insert and the Pro Moto Billet inserts. I liked how the bike ran and sounded with the Pro Moto Billet. You will have to richen up the jetting.

The bike has plenty of power.

It seems like everyone has had the GYT. :D

I'm leaning towards the PMB. :)

Mac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldbones

Posted April 13, 2004 - 01:53 PM

None of these inserts are quieter than stock. None of them make less power than stock (insert in place). If you remove the stock insert, it will make better power, but piss off the neighbors. An aftermarket insert is a compromise between the two. Better power than stock insert, and quieter than no insert at all. :)

• uk_scar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 02:06 PM

ive got a full akra system on mine.

cant be beaten for sound or quality

• Poway Rider

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:15 PM

I've got a PC496 and think it delivers better power than the stock pipe without the cork.

• endurodog

Posted April 13, 2004 - 05:11 PM

FWIW I have tried several inserts and I have the FMF Q. The Q has the best power out of everything but the uncorked stocker but in many places you can't get away with running it uncorked. The Q is a lot more $$ than an insert.

• Z06

Posted April 14, 2004 - 05:24 AM

None of these inserts are quieter than stock. None of them make less power than stock (insert in place). If you remove the stock insert, it will make better power, but piss off the neighbors. An aftermarket insert is a compromise between the two. Better power than stock insert, and quieter than no insert at all. :)

Any idea what the Stock decibel rating is on the WR450?

So according to your statement, all inserts will make more power than stock and will be louder than stock. Correct?

Mac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.