Good tires on my 426

8 replies to this topic
  • thorMX426

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:44 AM

I got my 426 used close to the end of the season last year, and now im getting a bit more gutsy with it :D. I plan on doing a lot with it this summer. Do you guys have any recommendations on what types/brands of tires work decently in most terrain? Ill be doing mostly trails but may try some MX tracks too :D. Thanks in advance :)

• John_Lorenz

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:51 AM

First

Do a search for Tires in the yz426/450 forum

Second when your done reading the bazillion responses from the Which tire threads and still have questions then come back and ask which tire :)

Third Good luck see ya in a week :D

Forth BTW Dunlop 756 front rear

• yathump

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:54 AM

Probably want to give a little more info.

What type of terrain?
Whats your budget?

Most people like the Dunlop 756 for the softer conditions, i currently just installed my first set some people do complain about them wearing out to fast.
I have heard alot of positive things about the Maxxis IT's Sounds like they perform very well and seem to wear like iron, plus they are priced cheaper than the dunlops.
Hope this helps :)

• oldbones

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:57 AM

Michelin S-12 rear. I have put four races (260 miles total) and who know's how many trail rides on my current rear S-12, and it's still going strong. Any other tire I have tried, I would have used two in the same time frame.

Front, S-12 or M-12 depending on terrain.

:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dano426

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:58 AM

The Michelin M-12 Intermediate Terrain Tire wears like iron. For trail riding you cant beat it. I will be going on year two with my back and will be replacing the front this year.

• oldbones

Posted April 13, 2004 - 07:29 AM

The Michelin M-12 Intermediate Terrain Tire wears like iron. For trail riding you cant beat it. I will be going on year two with my back and will be replacing the front this year.

Man, I don't get that. My 426 ate up that M-12 rear like a big gumball. Lasted about three rides before it was over half gone. :) S-12 has lasted many times longer already.

• Yak

Posted April 13, 2004 - 11:44 AM

The worst lasting tire I have ever seen is the Dunlop 773. Its MUST be used in soft only terrain with no transitions or it will be gone in a 2-3 rides.

• fog527

Posted April 13, 2004 - 08:43 PM

I will cast a vote for the michelin,they are coming out with a new tire the ac10(I think)my buddy has one he got off the truck it has held up well.the tread pattern resembles the dunlop 756 .

• Dano426

Posted April 14, 2004 - 11:16 AM

Man, I don't get that. My 426 ate up that M-12 rear like a big gumball. Lasted about three rides before it was over half gone. :) S-12 has lasted many times longer already.

The M-12 works great for me. :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.