Utah Report: Indy, Give us the scoop on your trip!

29 replies to this topic
  • KentuckyWR

Posted April 13, 2004 - 02:00 AM

How was Moab!
Share with all!

• N7SLC

Posted April 13, 2004 - 02:49 AM

How was Moab!
Share with all!

Yeah, spill it! We want to know if it was as good as our trip was!

• ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:18 AM

The weather was great! Mid 70's and breezy. Not too many mtn. bikers to deal with this time around and we were inbetween jeep weekends and holidays. Man I love Moab in the springtime. :) Moab Video

I'm sorry....were you wanting to hear from Indy?! :D :D :D :D

• N7SLC

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:20 AM

I'm sorry....were you wanting to hear from Indy?! :D :usa: :D :)

:D :usa: :usa: :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:02 AM

The trip was great! :D 60 degree weather and no rain other than some spitting. Traction was the best I have seen it. :usa: Spring time is a better time to go than the fall! You have to Dual Sport to get into some of the Parks if you want to catch some scenery. I got lucky and the Jeep Safari really wasnt springing into full action until the easter weekend. Trails were full of the usual mountain bikes but they really dont get in the way. We hit Moab Rim, Slick Rock, Pritchett Canyon/Behind The Rocks, Poison Spider/Golden Spike, Kane Creek Canyon was a blast again, Dual sported White Rim Road in Canyonlands National Park with some great trails down to the Colorado/Green River, Monitor/Merimac, and hit the White Wash Sand Dunes for some roosting fun. :D Missed the trails around the peak of Mount Peale due to too much snow. :) You guys that havent been from the midwest should plan to go in the fall or spring before the enviornmentalists take over and shut everything down eventually. :usa: You guys that live in Utah have it made! :D
We have got to get a TT Safari going there in the fall and spring. It would be cool to see a convoy of TT members riding in Moab! :D David Dialogue what do you think? Cool video David!

• KentuckyWR

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:19 AM

Sounds like you all had fun!
Just got done watching the little video . . .
Cool terrain!!
Why didn't the DRZ dude jump of the little cliff??? :)

• jwriott

Posted April 13, 2004 - 04:53 AM

Dan, you really need to try the San Rafael Swell next time. There's some great riding over there.

When are you going to be in Colorado to ride with your brother?

• r1superstar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 05:50 AM

The weather was great! Mid 70's and breezy. Not too many mtn. bikers to deal with this time around and we were inbetween jeep weekends and holidays. Man I love Moab in the springtime. :) Moab Video

I'm sorry....were you wanting to hear from Indy?! :D :D :D :usa:

Same reply from me. But no video. However I ride and I look just like ddialogue (just a little lighter). :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 07:50 AM

Dan, you really need to try the San Rafael Swell next time. There's some great riding over there.

When are you going to be in Colorado to ride with your brother?

Thanks John. I am coming in early June most likely the week of the 7th. I will PM you when I have the dates firmed up. :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:11 AM

We have got to get a TT Safari going there in the fall and spring. It would be cool to see a convoy of TT members riding in Moab! :D David Dialogue what do you think? Cool video David!

Indy,

I am SO there! I'm just waiting for you to firm up your October dates so I can make plans. I think it would be great to have a Moab TT ride (similar to what they had back in 2000 or 2001.)

Guess I'm gonna have to finally break down and buy some TT fender stickers. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:14 AM

However I ride and I look just like ddialogue (just a little lighter). :)

Are you calling me fat? :D I'm just big boned. :D

• r1superstar

Posted April 13, 2004 - 09:44 AM

However I ride and I look just like ddialogue (just a little lighter). :)

Are you calling me fat? :D I'm just big boned. :D

Hehe... :D

• KentuckyWR

Posted April 13, 2004 - 11:39 AM

Who is who in the video?

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 01:00 PM

Video is David Dialogue! :D The first week in October is as good as any weekend. Get out there ready to ride on Friday morning the 1st of October and ride for 4 days! Lets just do it! :D All TT members post your desire to make a big TT Safari in Moab. I guess we all need to promote this site by making sure we all have fresh TT fender decals. :)

• N7SLC

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:41 PM

Why didn't the DRZ dude jump of the little cliff??? :D

Well, I watched Dave go off and then complain about his wrists
hurting. It was a hard hit.

Actually, that's a 7-foot drop-off and the rear spring on my DRZ is a
5.3kg and way too soft for my weight...

A 5.7kg rear spring is next on my upgrade list :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:43 PM

Who is who in the video?

I'm on the WR450 (ddialogue), N7SLC is on the yellow DRZ, Landon (can't remember his TT name) is on the DRZ S, Sean is on the XR400 (can't remember his TT name either) and MrMoto is on the KTM (yeah, that's him WALKING his bike down stuff I was jumping off of!! :D :D)

Sorry we didn't have more of the technical type riding in the video but hey...we're kids at heart and we love to play! :)

• ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:45 PM

Oh sure!! R1 calls me fat and now you're calling me wimpy. :) :D

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:48 PM

October 1st thru 4th Moab TT Safari date any opinions? :)

• N7SLC

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:49 PM

October 1st thru 4th Moab TT Safari date any opinions? :)

Hmm....gotta check the work calendar in the morning.

• ddialogue

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:58 PM

I'm in for most of those dates. Check your email, Indy. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.