Over heating question

4 replies to this topic
  • DarrenCalif

Posted April 12, 2004 - 07:51 PM

I went riding today with a buddy who rides a ktm 620 here over heated 3 times. The ktm has a overheat warning light. How do I know if my 650r is over heated or getting close?

TIA

• big t

Posted April 13, 2004 - 12:02 AM

You'll see it start bubbling in the over flow tank and it will over flow coolant on the ground.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted April 13, 2004 - 01:46 AM

One thing I've found about that overflow tube is that it plugs up easily. I clean mine every two rides or so. More often when there is mud.

• xrbrp

Posted April 13, 2004 - 02:24 AM

I have not had that problem, but it has not been that warm either, Will the fluid rise in the overflow tank first?

• TimBrp

Posted April 13, 2004 - 03:02 AM

Yes, you'll hear gurgling and the overflow container will max out prior to spewing over.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.