A stinking two stroke question

1 reply to this topic
  • mulisha00

Posted April 12, 2004 - 05:05 PM

I know you guys love when we post here but you always have the best info.

What is the best for a 2001 yz 250
pipe
silencer
sprocket set up
carb settings.

I just bought the bike and its bone stock now. I have a friend that rides a crf450 with pipe and were side by side right now. I'm trying to get and edge. Thanks thumpers and the other two smokers that browse the forum

oh yeah another ? I just ran the [@#$%&*!] out of the bike racing through field with my bud and when i shut the bike down a little but steady amount of smoke continued to come from the pipe for about two minutes. I pushed the kickstarter down a couple of times to clear it out but it just kept coming. It would be as much as if you put a lit cigarette in the silencer and the smoke came out. I repack the silencer and have yet to ride it. has anybody had this before and what was the problem/solution.
thanks again :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TonyDeCoster

Posted April 12, 2004 - 05:12 PM

Pro circuit for the pipe and silencer, add a tooth to the rear sprocket. Pro Circuit should be able to answer your jetting questions..
http://shop.procircu...rts=1&id=343991

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.