How hard is the hit on a WR 450?

9 replies to this topic
  • Duh

Posted April 12, 2004 - 04:55 PM

I've always heard the yz450 has a ton of low end "hit" how does a wr450 compare? I've ridden xr400s, crf450s (my current bike), and xr 650's. I love the "hit" on the crf and xr 650s (I like the ability to wheelie in any gear) and was just wondering how the wr is.

• ddialogue

Posted April 12, 2004 - 05:06 PM

There is no noticeable hit in the WR powerband like there is with the YZF. It just comes on smooth and quick and you can wheelie all day long with it. :)

WR450 Wheelie Madness!

• Duh

Posted April 12, 2004 - 05:15 PM

So the hit is closer to an xr400?

• SBK

Posted April 12, 2004 - 11:47 PM

Heheh, awesome clip Dave. You guys look like you're having a blast. :) I take it that's your bro on the DRZ?

• the go-devil

Posted April 13, 2004 - 12:10 AM

My friend rides a CRF450 and my WR450 with it's stock cam felt like a turd compared to his bike. Quite honestly it did not feel very much more powerful than my WR400 to me. I put a YZ cam in it a couple months ago and I'm impressed now. It has an abrupt "hit" in the mid range but it still lugs down good on the low end, at least good enough for me on tight trails. In defense of any WR though, you can't even compare these bikes to an XR 400. My other friend rides an XR and it feels like my Dad's diesel Kubota tractor compared to a Corvette. I wouldn't ride an XR 400 to save my life. What a goofy, akward handling underpowered POS. :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AxelV

Posted April 15, 2004 - 09:13 AM

Diesel Kubota tractor.........

I LOVE your way with words! I was in stitches with laughter when I read that.

Be good.

• Gordingull

Posted April 15, 2004 - 09:32 AM

No hit here :)

• WR426madness

Posted April 15, 2004 - 03:08 PM

I don't know about a WR450 but my 02 WR426 with all the free mods + a little port massaging to the head feels like you've been rear ended by a Mac truck when it comes on. Better hang on or you'll be sitting in the dirt watching it fade off into the sunset. :)

• glenm

Posted April 15, 2004 - 04:22 PM

Watch it! I have a Kubota tractor / backhoe. Comes in handy for burying all the neighborhood pets after they take the one way Ted Bundy gurney ride at the vet’s office. Also great for burying XR400's that are even to slow to get out of UPS trucks way! :)

• the go-devil

Posted April 16, 2004 - 12:00 AM

I mean no disrespect towards the Kubota...only the XR400! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.